Page 1 of 16

Wedding Cost Poll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2022 10:40 am
by admin
The effect of the recession on weddings is yet to be determined, so we thought we would see how Wollies have been effected.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2022 12:21 pm
by somethingnew
its hard to know if this is euro's or sterling ... but we'll say its euro's as its a .ie website, lol! Plus the euro is almost the same as the pound these days anyway >:o( (I'm a Nordie ...!)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2022 1:04 pm
by stephyb
I'm in northern Ireland too. We're spending around 8k on our wedding but we're not really having a honeymoon so that's about 4k saved. I voted 10-15k to allow for exchange rates and the fact that we're not having a honeymoon.

x

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2022 3:13 pm
by kittypurry
i wont be getting married for another 3 years but i done a rough estimate on everything we'll want and need and no matter what i did it's staying in the 15k-20k range >:o(

oh well guess you cant put a price on happiness :o0

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2022 7:03 pm
by Belleboo
What we spent we practically made back. People's generosity is overwhelming! We never imagined in a million years that we'd receive so many generous gifts. We love our family and friends!! :xxx

Budgeting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2022 8:33 pm
by gillchughes
Just make sure you are not in debt after the wedding-it is just one day. And you don't want to spend the honeymoon worrying about it!

Re: Budgeting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2022 12:29 am
by SuziQ
gillchughes wrote:Just make sure you are not in debt after the wedding-it is just one day. And you don't want to spend the honeymoon worrying about it!

I recently just qualified as a teacher so have been in college for the past year. We (H2B and I) are really set on our date and its HIM not me that fumes if postponing the wedding is mentioned!! I dont want to take out a loan exactly for the reason u said gillchughes but as someone else above said you cant put a price on happiness.... So sod it if I must take out a loan so be it, I've cut back as much as I can on the budget (to the extent where Im getting my dress off ebay for €100 hahaha) but its still 20k WITHOUT our honeymoon!!!

Still waiting for the hotels, bands, cars to go down in price but nope :(:(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2022 10:26 am
by Starbar2010
Ours at the min is around 28k withour a honeymoon. H2B is keeping money separate for that. I think it'd be pushed just over the 30k otherwise.
Very scary food drink and entertaining is the most of it. Food/Drink is coming in or around 13k for 150 people and entertainment is around 4k but we have lots of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2022 12:06 pm
by Little Miss Chatterbox
I'm in shock that 48 people are spending over 35K. :eek

"no resession around there"!!!! :o0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2022 10:54 am
by newie2011
I would love to hear from the wols who's weddings are costing less than 20k.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2022 4:17 pm
by tilsun
Ours was 18000 not including a honeymoon (150 guests) it is possible to save lots if you have to time to shop around.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2022 7:19 pm
by Pink Lady 84
Its early doors for us too but getting some figures together now and we reckon it willl cost €20K - €25. One good thing about the recession is that we can avail of the good prices now and by the time we are paying in full the economy will have turned around :thnk

We are going to haggle on every part of it...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2022 8:41 pm
by junebabe
We're well under 10k for ours. We're having about 70 guests at our wedding party. It will be less formal than your standard wedding reception, but exactly the type of party we want. We're staying local and hiring out the local sailing club rather than using an hotel, and getting in some great local caterers. We haven't cut back on anything due to costs. We're just having the type of day we both want and keeping it simple, but special.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2022 9:07 pm
by 14082010
We are looking at about 32k for ours :eek :eek Mad i know,but i see it as its the only time i plan on doin this >:o) and i am very very girly and princessy so i am going to make the most of it :o0 . I am having the big princessy dress,fairylight back drop,fire works the lot, and i cant wait O:| .This is my day :custum59 and h2b too of course :o0 :o0

The PRINCESS comes first :wv :wv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2022 1:26 pm
by SuziQ
Callie07 If you have the money then why not make it the most magical day possible!! Im the opposite Im into simple things n not the princessy type although Ive been sent into a spin when looking at dresses sooooo brill and exciting!!!

Someone has said that we'll benefit from this recession?? Eh no prices haven't changed in alot of places I was looking at last year!! At the moment its ALL about the haggling!!

The guy due to be on 4 weddings this monday would be complaining about this poll. His budgeted amount isn't available apparently he's spending £77k :eek :eek :eek