Page 14 of 16

Re: Wedding Cost Poll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:54 pm
by mrs2012
Ours is coming in at 11,500 for 100 guests including honeymoon.
We got a good deal on the hotel and are cutting a lot of the extras.I thought it would be 10,000 but there were lots of things that I hadnt budgeted for such as paying for the premarraige course and registering the marraige. Everything is pretty much accounted for now, hopefully there will be no more suprises!

Re:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:50 pm
by galwaygirl84
grar wrote:I only got engaged at the weekend and am traumatised by the prices I'm seeing for venues :ooh
After reading these posts, it's just dawned on me that it doesn't stop there either.
Can people give me average figures for my priority areas as I am finding it impossible to figure out my budget!;
1. Venue (based on ~130ppl) don't pay more than €45/50 a head
2. Church costs - priest/music/flowers - €300 music, €600 flowers, priest €50-1003. Cars - €400
4. Band - €2000
5. DJ - should be included in band price :) Get a band that incorporates DJ service!
6. Dress - no more than €1k
7. Suit hire - not sure!!

I'm already terrified of the answers.... :eek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:21 am
by married 2011
god I would be afriad to say... its all so expensive >:o)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:05 pm
by viewhill
Print your own invitations - its more fun and you can save money.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:45 am
by weddingbelle1985
Im spending around £5000 on my wedding not including honeymoon (an extra £3000) - We decided to do a budget wedding as we have both small families and a small amount of close friends.

Even spending so little on my wedding I have my Dream dress, Dream venue first choice of band and gorgeous cake and flowers ordered....so proud of my own thriftyness!!! LOL :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2021 3:34 am
by summerbridee
I'm hoping to stay at 20,000 but I'm sure a few extra costs will crop up!! That doesn't include honeymoon another 6k :-8 Crazy for one day but i am ten years waitin :o0 Don't want to regret anythin so saving saving saving for nxt year and half!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2021 9:46 pm
by littlemisslucky
Hahahaha! :yelrotflmaosmilie:

I just have to laugh...at myself that is! I was totally on a budget and then blew it completely. But I just don't care anymore....my wedding is in two months and I am totally excited, didn't compromise on anything that I really really wanted even though I had grand ideas of saving.

I even hit the sales early on Tuesday morning to get my wedding shoes and came home with a pair of Christian Louboutins. :lvs (they weren't on sale)

Nothing worked out as cheap a I expected it to except for my bridesmaids dresses from dresselicious. ;o)

But if you are determined and well organised you can definitely do well!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2022 10:03 am
by Lollysbride
Oh lord we sat down and did a rough budget last night and it's come in over €35,000 :eek I almost fell off the chair.
We also did a count on guests coming up with numbers between 250 and 300 but at the above price I think we should just run away together.. I had my heart set on a beautiful local venue but now that's looking like its way out of our league... Oh to win lotto :o(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2022 10:00 pm
by Auburnnxs
Just got engaged over christmas and I too am having a hard time with the cost of a wedding !! its just insane !! ive just started looking into it, its scary and a bit overwhelming! I wonder would it be easier to go abroad!!?? Just me and the H2B!! either that or the lotto!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2022 2:14 pm
by Nonah
I think you just have to manage your expectations, see what your friends can do for you and hunt hard for bargains.

Myself and my bride to be got engaged on Christmas Eve, thinking Feb 2013 for the wedding to take advantage of better hotel rates for winter (as o/h says, it's not like you can trust summer weather in Ireland anyway). Already we've been offered:

photography from a friend who's semi-pro (professional quality but earns more in a stable 9-5 than she would as a pro photographer)
The Cake to be made by an Aunt
The Dress made by Bride's Mother
Band at a huge discount (brother's in the only band I'd want for my wedding)

We're having a civil ceremony which negates the need for cars, pre-marriage courses etc. and will be making our own invites, favours, bouquets etc.

I'd initially set a budget of a max of 10k and I'm starting to think we might actually come in closer to 6/7k all told.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2022 8:00 pm
by 2bmrskc
hi everyone,,were hoping against all hope by the looks of it to have our wedding in and around 12,000€,but by god its a really really tight squeeze,majority of money being spent on the reception,,we have looked around and around,nearly in circles at this stage and the cheapest all in has been 5,200€ for 100 guests.going to shop next january for bridesmaids dresses in the sales and not picking a colour scheme,its be whatevers in the sales,,within reason,,lol.never knew you need a lotto win to enjoy the best day of your life :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2022 1:03 pm
by veggie84
Wedding face.com has an excellent wedding budget planner!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2022 5:46 pm
by stupidname2013
I've put an absolute max of €20k on the wedding...we are however getting married on Easter Saturday next year which is helping as it's an off-peak day! That's saving us about €30 a head at least...we're blowing the extra €10k on 4 weeks in Italy and I have to say I can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2022 3:49 pm
by Aili
We met in July '10, got engaged in september '11 and getting married April' 12, 19 months to the day we met all for a grand total of €5000, it can be done O-O

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2022 9:49 am
by castaway
Aili wrote:We met in July '10, got engaged in september '11 and getting married April' 12, 19 months to the day we met all for a grand total of €5000, it can be done O-O

We've just got engaged and have started the long process of venue hunting. How are you doing it all for 5k, our food bill is looking close to 9k for 170 guests!