Page 1 of 3

What foundation are you wearing on your wedding day?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2022 12:23 pm
by whitespirit
Hey,

What foundation are you wearing on your wedding day? I had a trail with the stick foundation bobbi brown. It looks great in photos but in real life is a bit drying. Would love a dewy glow

Re: What foundation are you wearing on your wedding day?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2022 3:13 pm
by ginger power
am going with double wear, by e.lauder can be heavy but they do a light version! i found double wear with tan was good, wear it all time for weddings, have wedding make up trial soon and they use mac in where im getting it done

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2022 3:54 pm
by Dolbert
Avoid anything with SPF in it, it'll show up really white in flash photography!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2022 5:10 pm
by Jomcodoodle
My gf (make up artist) says it all depends on your skin type, coverage needs and type of film/photography...but she reccommends chantecaille make up. Apparently its angelina jolies foundation of choice too. She says the powder you choose is almost as important as the foundation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2022 9:55 pm
by atina
Im wearing estee lauder double wear too...never wore it before my trial but it looked great so going ahead with it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 8:40 am
by ryana2
got my makeup done by a MUA as a trial and was delighted with the results. My face honestly looked flawless without looking too heavy. She used
Mac Primer on any dry areas (typically for me its my nose, tends to flake)
and Mac Fix+ spray all over face. Allowed it to settle for minute or two before doing foundation.
She put Lancome tein Mirace on my nose (as its dry) and then Estee Lauder Double wear Light over oily areas (my forehead and down by my chin can get oily).
powdered with Mac Mineral Veil in medium, lightly - not too much as I told her that I never really wear powder as I don't like the caked look it gives me. But she reassured me she wouldn't use alot, and it was purely for staying power that she used it.

I got it done at 3pm. Was out for dinner that night, followed by dancing and at 1am it was still holding up pretty well!

I have typically combination skin, dry in areas, oily in others and prone to the odd spot or two around the chin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 10:26 am
by bubs2012
Small bit of advice for the ladies going to wear ET double wear, an another poster said about the SPF, the double wear make will bounce of flashes and alot of make up artists suggest not to wear it on your big day. I also wore it and notice in photos my face was coming out paler than my neck.
Just telling you my story, but on my day I went with mac foundation which I never use and it was perfect. Maybe take some photos after your trials and decide then
Best if luck and happy planning

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 11:19 am
by whitespirit
I think Kim kardashin wore dior and that had SPF in it. I was told before to steer clear of SPF for photos but a lot of the nice ones have SPF in it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm
by Nobigdress
I'm planning on Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Anyone else going for this? It went on lovely yesterday. I have never worn foundation in my life (well, maybe tried it once when I was 13) so have no idea. This is what my MUA suggested as my skin is always very good anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 4:13 pm
by sweets78
Im wearing EL Double Wear, I wear it most days and always get complements on it.When you put your matt blusher and matt brozer over it , you dont have to worry about having a white face in photos. :wv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 5:39 pm
by ginger power
sweets78 wrote:Im wearing EL Double Wear, I wear it most days and always get commlements on it.When you put your matt blusher and matt brozer over it , you dont have to worry about having a white face in photos. :wv

+1 to that wore it for my sister wedding and didnt have white face in photo's O-O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 6:20 pm
by flor
whitespirit wrote:Hey,

What foundation are you wearing on your wedding day? I had a trail with the stick foundation bobbi brown. It looks great in photos but in real life is a bit drying. Would love a dewy glow

hey whitespirit,

would you try the Bobbi Brown luminous moisturising foundation with a primer underneath? It comes out great in photos, very dewy without being shiny, and is very moisturising for dry skin, although the primer would give it much better staying power, especially if you had combination skin. for a primer i find smashbox photofinish brilliant.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2022 9:19 pm
by whitespirit
Sounds good will give it a try.

Is everyone using the foundation that their MUA has in her kit or is anyone buying their own foundation because their MUA doesn't use that particular brand. For example the girl I got a trial with uses bobbi brown and mac but if I wanted to use Chanel or dior she doesn't have it so I suppose I would have to get my own or find a make up artist that does use them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2022 11:14 am
by Magsk
Hi, i was going to try out the double wear by estee lauder anyone any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2022 11:02 am
by whitespirit
I've never used it but it seems very popular with bridal MUA. The thing i don't understand is that it has SPF in it and your not ment to wear SPF in photos..........