Page 2 of 3

Re: What foundation are you wearing on your wedding day?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2022 2:55 pm
by Jomcodoodle
My oh says that if you use a good powder you can cover up the white in the face to some extent but it won't look as perfect. Double wear was one of the first long lasting foundations to hit the market but there has been a lot more since so there is more choice. She says if you like a matte finish dior forever is good, and if you like a radiant finish to try chantecaille. Chantecaille is in space nk and they do a few other brands which she says are good so the sales assistant should advice you if something else suits better. She has also offered to answer questions if you want to pm me i can pass them onto here but as she's abroad don't expect an immediate answer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2022 9:11 am
by Sexilexi
I'm using mac studio fix fluid with mac mineraliZe powder ;o)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2022 9:24 am
by whitespirit
I just tried out EL doublewear light yesterday. I love it, not too heavy and is supposed to be good for photos even though it has SPF :o)ll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2022 9:30 am
by skitchums
I also wore ET double wear on my wedding day and found it great, no photo problems either, I got the ET bronzer too. I still wear it on a night out, love it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2022 3:33 pm
by newlyengaged2011
Ohh I don't know what to wear, I never wear make-up, I got my trial done, and it was awful.. within an hour my face was shinny.

I have very oliy skin, I got a trail done using the Bare Essentials Mineral Make up.

Anyone used this for their wedding day, or advise me if it would be good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2022 8:53 pm
by dumdumdidum2013
whats the differene between double wear and the light version is it lighter coverage??

heading to town on Sat was planning to treat myself but don't want to spend a lot without knowing I am a sucker for benefit they put it on my I buy it and then use it few times before it ends up in another drawer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2022 11:55 pm
by Rachel Fox Photography
For my day I used Vichy Dermablend and I use it almost everyday still. I absolutely love it, perfect even coverage, covers all my freckles and any inconsistencies in my complexion etc, I could be sick as a dog but once this foundation is on you would never know! Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2022 12:07 am
by kittycatt24
Had my trial today with LancĂ´me photogenic, love it and love my MUA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2022 10:06 am
by whitespirit
As far as I'm aware
EL double wear - full coverage
EL double wear light - lighter coverage, sheer to medium and is photo friendly

I tried double wear light and found it great, I thought it was medium coverage not too sheer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2022 7:29 pm
by dumdumdidum2013
think the light sounds right up my street, I wear Vichey Aera Teint everyday and want something with bit more coverage have the double wear consealer and find it really good ! I am sold will try it on Sat!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2022 2:18 pm
by whitespirit
Just tried Diors Capture Totale foundation. Its good but don't think its worth the price 80euro a bottle!! :eek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2022 2:40 pm
by whitespirit
Skin feels real soft with it on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2022 11:45 am
by whitespirit
Have since decided that 80euro is crazy money to spend on foundation, even if it does leave my skin feeling like silk!

Anyone use the Armani silk I hear thats a good one?

Would mac face and body last all day long?

Are the chanel/ Lancome ones any good?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2022 1:45 pm
by mrsdamo
Hiya I used MAC studio fix and it lasted from 11am to the following morning....its a great foundation I have to say with good coverage, it came out well in photo's too. I can't help you regarding the other foundations as I haven't used them. best of luck though :wv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2022 1:57 pm
by McLisa
has anyone used mac pro long wear foundation? I'm getting married in spain and SIL is doing make up, she recommends DW for brides but sets it with bronzer and blush so it doesnt show white in photos but when i was out in spain all the make up artists there recommended mac?