WeddingsOnline Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

input to suits

Re: input to suits

Postby ciaraella » Mon May 14, 2022 1:18 pm

lindacork my dad and fil didn't want to wear the same suits as DH and groomsmen (long coats, cravats etc) so they got normal suits with ivory ties and waistcoats.

Baby led weaning and loving it!
ciaraella
Empress Wolly

Postby lindacork » Mon May 14, 2022 1:35 pm

ciaraella wrote:lindacork my dad and fil didn't want to wear the same suits as DH and groomsmen (long coats, cravats etc) so they got normal suits with ivory ties and waistcoats.

yeah i think the groom and gm are going for tails, my dad and brothers might just wear suit jackets, my oh dad passed away almost 12 years ago - i never met him.

Gonna go with the same waist coat for all and jsut give my brothers ties? My dad will have a cravat with the groomsmen. how will i distinguish the groom from the gm - or is that a silly question, sure everyone will know who the groom is?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lindacork
New Wolly

Postby highbeam » Mon May 14, 2022 1:39 pm

Our variations from the groom are: groomsmen same except different coloured cravat, dads same as groom except they are wearing a tie instead of cravat. Only have two other men in the immediate family not in the bridal party and we are just giving them buttonholes. My friend gave them ties that matched the bridal party to make them stand out.

ETA the groom also gets a bigger buttonhole than the others so that helps him stand out. His flower will match my bouquet and the groomsmen have a different colour flower on theirs which matches the bridesmaids bouquets.
highbeam
Wolly Addict

Postby ciaraella » Mon May 14, 2022 1:48 pm

lindacork wrote:how will i distinguish the groom from the gm - or is that a silly question, sure everyone will know who the groom is?

I think you've got your answer there :)
DH had an ivory cravat and the best man and groomsman had purple cravats to match bm's, DH also had a different colour buttonhole.

Baby led weaning and loving it!
ciaraella
Empress Wolly

Postby Leanne2112 » Mon May 14, 2022 2:46 pm

That's a thing actually. He did ask me the other day if he had to wear a different colour tie or anything and I wasn't sure. It'll just be himself and best man (and my dad has same tux as theirs) but it is a plain tux and duck so short of giving him a red duck bow (and having him look like an 80s comedian) not sure how we can make him look like the groom!
[/url]
Leanne2112
Mini Wolly

Postby lindacork » Mon May 14, 2022 3:18 pm

Leanne2112 wrote:That's a thing actually. He did ask me the other day if he had to wear a different colour tie or anything and I wasn't sure. It'll just be himself and best man (and my dad has same tux as theirs) but it is a plain tux and duck so short of giving him a red duck bow (and having him look like an 80s comedian) not sure how we can make him look like the groom!

The grooms men's cravat would generally match the bridemaids and the grooms to you.
my BM are wearing chiffon red gowns, the only cravats we can get are red satin and i think they'll clash. So i was gonna get ivory cravats/ties for all and red flower button holes to tie in with BM. in my case, i dont think theres a need to distinguish the groom from the gm.
[/url]
lindacork
New Wolly

Previous

Return to Old Faithful