Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Quote for honeymoon in Italy - what do you think?

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johanna
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Quote for honeymoon in Italy - what do you think?

I just got a quote in from the agent Im dealing with - �2500 each for 18 nights, bed and breakfast, honeymoon rooms (with sea views etc),transfers, flights, first class rail (from Rome to Florence and then to Sorrento). There are extras thrown in such as champagne on arrival in each hotel, chocolates, fruit one dinner somewhere.

I think this is ok? Someone I know used same agency for both wedding and honeymoon and was very happy with costs etc. I had bugeted about 3400e each (didnt let the agency know that though!).
Cialin
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

Hi Johanna

That sounds pretty good. That's very like the package we were offered(we're getting married in Rome--then going to Florence and Sorrento) Will be gone for 16 nights in total and our quote was for �2300 each(or thereabouts)

Do you mind if I ask what travel agent you are using? Sounds very similar to ours. We're going to be away end of May, early June 2007!!!
ChloeOct06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

easiest way to check is to see what it would cost you to book through expedia..
don't let champagne etc on arrival add to the cost
Johanna
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Its Newbridge Travel, Cialin. Yeah, I know about the extra costs of champagne on arrival, first class rail tickets etc but seeing as Mauritis would have been thousands more each for only 8 nights,I asked for extras to be thrown in.I've cut down and cut out items I don't want,we are gong to Rome to get married and costs for photos, transport, flowers etc are much cheaper than here.
Cialin
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Hi Johanna

I'm gonna PM you. Hope that's ok!
hunky_dorey
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

god i think that's really expensive �2,500 each!!
check internet and see if you can get it cheaper yourself. those honeymoon extras you still get if you tell them you are on honeymoon.
Johanna
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

Hunky_dorey, went over the figures properly and think you are right now. H2B is going to go over everything with the agency so we might be rethinking alright.
emma1980
New Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

way to expensive, also girlies anyone going to itlay take in2 account that SOME hotel standards arent the same as our standards, ie 4 star in italy is like out 3 stars...seen u mentioned mauitias, some TO do a deal where the bride gets a 50% discount, try john galligan..their usually quite good...
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: