Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Sri Lanka

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stbMRS.B
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Sri Lanka

Hi has anyone been to Sri lanka?? We want to go there on HM coz it looks beautiful. We were given a quote of approx �6000 for 2 weeks, with a combination of different places beach, hill country, seeing the sights. Basically travelling around and relaxing by the beach for a few days. Thought it would be cheaper.

Dont have a clue

New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi,
We got great recommendations to come here, it's meant to be really lovely, plenty to do if that's what your after, or just to sit and completely chill out.
Was this place not in the news this week with trouble, a tourist area was targeted...
I've only heard this through someone else, but it's put us off....
Lois
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

My friend went to Sri Lanka on honeymoon and they absolutely loved it, she booked through Trailfinders and had her own driver for 10 days.
It's somewhere I'd love to visit, lots to see and do and stunning beaches if you want to chill out. And elephant... I love elephants!

I wouldn't worry about violence there, do a bit of research and you'll see the areas to avoid aren't places you'd visit anyway. Hey, I went to Egypt with everyone's 'warnings' ringing in my ears and had the most incredible holiday!
Toscana Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

hi,

we also considered Sri Lanka, but have been advised against it. I don't mean to be negative and I do realise you're honeymoon is not for a couple of months, but Sri Lanka is all over the news at the moment with suicide bombers and a civil war - check out sky news for recent stories. Sorry for the negative response

tabitha
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

hi listen don't get too het up about tourist warnings. Sri lanka is fab and like anywhere if you use your travel savvy and stick to the recommended spots you'll be fine. Do talk to trailfinders though they are generally great at giving up to date advice on places like this. if you do decide to go i reckon it will be an amazing unforgettable honeymoon. good luck and be brave!
J9
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

We have been to Sri Lanka last year (not for our HM) and it was beautifull. We had a personal driver/guide that showed us all of Sri Lanka for 8 days and afterwards we went to the Maldives for another 6. Must say it wasn't near � 6.000. more like half of it. But we didn't stay in too luxurious hotels etc. and it was a total 14 days!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: