Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

New york/vegas/san francisco

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondebride07
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: New york/vegas/san francisco

We have decided to go to new york, las vegas and san franciso on our honeymoon in what order should we visit these cities any recommendations? Im thinking ill be doing lots of shopping in new york and dont want to travel with it.......... thanks
Picnic
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Well New York is on the East coast and the other two are on the west coast so that should help with your logistics.
angel01
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

how long are you planning to go for
i was in vegas for part of ours

stockbroking bride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I would go to San Francisco first as it is the most laid back of the three (you will be tired after the wedding and it's the more relaxing city) then Vegas and then NY. This way also if you do any shopping in NY you won't be dragging it around on the rest of your trip.

SBB
blondebride07
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Ill take ur advice stockbroking bride. Will spend 6 days in San Francisco
5 days in Vegas and 4 days in New York.
stockbroking bride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

With 6 days in SF I'd consider going up to the Wine Region for a night or two - Calistoga up in the Napa Valley comes highly recommended.
Rome2008
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Only going on what i heard from friends who have been there but they reckon 4 days/3 nites is enough in Vegas....just in case you wanted to spend time somewhere else....like NYC for loadsa shopping. I'm jealous!!
CBS
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Hi blondebride07,

We're thinking of doing the same trip as ye. Are you going to book on-line yourself or through an agent?

x Enjoy!

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

hi CBS,

I phoned a few agencies Tour America, Trial finders etc and it works out alot cheaper to book the flights and hotels online plus it helps spread the cost.
CBS
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

Yeah, we are thinking the same... Plan on buying the lonely planet this weekend and sorting out our route. Will start looking up flights etc then... We're not long backfrom a trip to that States and did it ourselves on-line, very cheaply, we had a ball and I can't wait to go back!!!

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: Vegas

Hey,

Was in Vegas this summer and amazing !! Make sure you spend at least 5 - 7 days there - loads to do - we went onto the Grand Canyon by helicopter - amazing.

Getting married next summer and thinking of including it on another trip to US - BTW if you are doing new york stay in the Herald Square Hotel - cheap and save the balance for the shopping - bags and shoes to die for...

enjoy.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: