Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

advice needed for thailand september 07

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gooner
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: advice needed for thailand september 07

Hi.I hope some of you have been to Thailand and may be able to help us.We are looking at Thailand for our honeymoon.We would like to go somewhere nice for about 8-10 days (or 4/5 in two different places) and Bangkok or Dubai for a couple of nights.We arn't huge sun worshippers,but would like a few days of romance and relaxation.I think what we are really after is the having a quiet honeymoon type holiday for the first few days (nice room,etc) and then having a busier time,with a bit of sight seeing and partying (or a combination of the 2 in the same resort) and then possibly a couple of nights in a busy city like bangkok or dubai at the end.What I am after here is recommendations for particular resorts.I have heard that some are full of fat westerners with young thai girls with loads of sleazy places or resorts which are been overtaken with loads of noisy westerners and lager louts.we want to try to avoid these places,so if you could highlight them I would be grateful and if you could also highlight any resorts that you wouldn't hesitate to recommend together with resorts/hotels that you have good experience off.I've read some good things about ko samai, phi phi, krabi and phuket and not so good about pattaya.hope you guys can point us in the right direction.I've also heard that Thailand is pretty cheap for wining and dining,is this your experience.how much for say a beer,vodka and coke,bottle of wine.

thanks
gooner
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

maybe if you have been you could post a short review of you experience here ,as I'm sure others will also appreciate your advice and recommendations!!
niamhie wonder
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: The Honeymoon

Thailand is indeed very cheap. Koh Pee Pee is stunning. I was there pre - tsunami and absolutely loved it.not as touristy as koh samui and very romantic for a couple.lots to do there.beautiful beaches and great nightlife also. great place for activities like cliff jumping, scuba diving, boat trips, etc.

koh samui is also beautiful...a little bit more commercial though but stunning also.

have u considered splitting the holiday in half? as in doing one half up north and the other half on an island... the north offers great treks in Chang mai where u stay in the rainforest for a few nights and go trekking, bamboo rafting, elephant riding, but maybe u do not fancy this for your honeymoon?

Thailand is very cheap and a beer will cost you about 40 baht ( 1 euro approx) on average

hunky_dorey
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

stay away from patong in phuket, pattaya on mainland, chaweng in ko samui is a tiny bit sleezy (one or two girly bars a few years ago, not sure what it's lke now) but lager louts a plenty! phi phi is lovely, some areas in phuket are lovely, i loved koh samui (my favourite). You could also try Hua Hin or Krabi ??? Also head up to Chaing Mai as I've heard that's lovely too.
Jessica Rabbit
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Choeng Mon beach is very quiet and romantic in Koh Samui.
Beer and spirits are cheap but wine is heavily taxed and more expensive than at home.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: