Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Leaving kids behind

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lalalala
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Leaving kids behind

Hi all

We're leaving our DS with my mam when we go on honeymoon and im feeling really awful

It was my decision not to bring him as I know H2B and I need the time to ourselves, and we will only have one honeymoon, but I'm going to miss DS so much! He's only 13 months, and he hasnt been well recently either. My heart is breaking at the thoughts of not seeing him for 10 days. Im worried that ill spend the whole time worrying about him and missing him and not concentrating on H2B and the lovely place we're going to.

Did anyone else leave their kids behind on honeymoon? (im pathetic I know!)

sarahdillon
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Hi lalalala

We were the same. My son is 7 yrs old. I was like i feel really bad leaving him behind and just dumping him on my mam and hubbys mam too. But it worked out quite well. He was having more fun than we were, he had planed to do everything with his grandad and his uncle.

We did ring but it was like, mam why are you ringing, i dont have time to speak to you, so i dont think he missed me to much.

I think it would be harder for you and your little fella, but dont worry about it granny will spoil him rotton.

Hope your day gose well, and you have a fab honeymoon

lalalala
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

thanks sarahdillon, i know he'll be fine as my mam minds him 3 days a week while i'm in work. Its just that he'll be a bit confused after a few days wondering where we are, and on our part we'll miss him like crazy. Must focus on the honeymoon and enjoy the once in a lifetime trip!

kali
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Hi lala,

we're just back from a week's holiday without our daughter who is 14 months. We had a great time, it was lovely spending time together on our own. Our DD didn't even realise we were gone until we came back (if that makes sense). She was a little confused but absolutely fine. She had a ball with her grandparents. I am full time at home with her so I was a little concerned that she'd fret--- she didn't at all!!!

I'm sure you'll be fine.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: