Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

South Africa - last minute help!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw gal
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: South Africa - last minute help!

Urgent help required!!!!

We are going to South Africa in 2 weeks on HM. We booked the first few nights' hotel in Cape Town and safari for near the end of the trip. However we had planned on just booking the rest of the accommodation when we got there as we are hiring a car and driving along the Garden Route and Winelands and didnt want to be tied to a set itinery.

But I've been having a look at hotels/guesthouses online and emailed a few and they are all booked out

I should have known they might have been as its such a busy time but I didnt think it would be this bad.

So basically can anyone who has been to the Winelands/Garden Route tell me the places they stayed.

Thanks so much
juneb2b07
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Hi there,

I was in South Africa 2 year ago and I stayed in Capetown stopped along the garden route and then did a game reserve just 14 miles outside of Port Elizabeth. Here are some of the hotels that we stayed in:

The Cullinan Hotel Capetown, The Protea Hotel King George Mossel Bay, The Protea Hotel Kntsna Quays, Knysna.

I hope this is of some help to you. :
Aislinn C
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

nw gal we are going to south africa. staying in the radisson in capetown, abalone guest house in Hermanus, Knysna Log Inn in Knysna and Tsala Tree Top Lodge in Plettenberg Bay. I have a brochure here with loads of hotels in these place. could fax the relevant ones to you if you want

nw gal
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks girls!!

AislinnC, dont want to put you to the bother of faxing the brochure - could you maybe just post/pm the names of any in Franschhoek and I can look at them on the web. Going to check out that one you stayed in in Hermanus.
Dashing Groom
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Email this guy. Give him the dates, where you are leaving from, the budget and what you want to do. I found him good.

[email protected]

He is based over there and probably worth a go.
BabsJuly05
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Found this website really helpful for booking b&bs and guesthouses. going at Christmas so no feedback on any of them yet I'm afraid but if the websites are anything to go by some of the bed and breakfasts look fab.

http://www.sa-venues.com/no/guestlog.htm
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: