Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

namibian honeymoon pics

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
October06Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: namibian honeymoon pics

Hi
Just thought I would post some pictures of Namibia to encourage some others. It is a really beautiful country but driving round is perhaps more adventurous than some people would want on a honeymoon! We didn't even have a puncture though, and we were in a Renault Megane.
Hope you like them,
AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/anne.marie.cunningham/Favourites
Ginger Nut
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Fab pics - I was in namibia about 5 years ago and loved it. What a fantastic place to go on honeymoon.
And you got to see desert elephants - we didn't get to see any and were so disappointed about that

Magpie
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Oh my God those photographs are just amazing!

It must have been the experience of a lifetime.

They are great pictures too, are one of you a photographer? Ye must have a really super dooper camera?

All brides are beautiful - Tony Soprano
October06Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Well, we actually got a bit too close to the desert elephants. We were a bit worried about the impact that tourism might be having on them.... nit that i'd want to put anyone of visiting the country.
Thanks for your comments!
AM
October06Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Magpie! No I am not a photographer at all! And the camera isn't taht super-duper. It was a Canon S3 IS, which costs about �300 on the internet but I was well pleased with it.
To be honest the country is that beautiful and we saw such amazing things that it would have been hard not to have got nice photos. It's just lovely to have the memories.
DK
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

WOW they are amazing photos you got some great ones. I was on safari this year and my photos didnt turn out that great . We only got to see the lions at dusk so they didnt turn out but sometimes the pictures you have in your head are great... sitting in darkness surrounded by a pack of lions with cubs and hearing them breathing and then the male roaring that will stay with me forever...
Looks like you had a fab time...

Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

They are fantastic !

Our plans for honeymoon pale in comparison. Would never have thought of something as different as that.... although maybe others don't see it as a different sort of location.

October06Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Well, the memories in the head are the best. We saw all the big cats here:
http://www.okonjima.com/
They try to rehabilitate cheetahs to release them back in to private reserves but with limited success it seems. But if you want to see cheetahs up close, that aren't completely tame, it is the place to go. Beautiful lodge too. We didn't see any lions in Etosha but did spot a black rhino!
Because we were there in the middle of the short rains, the game wasn't particularly near water holes as there was water lying on the roads at times!
It is beautiful. And thanks for your nice comments.
AM
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: