Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Mauritius - sunbathing topless

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Mauritius - sunbathing topless

Hi,

A question for those of you who have been to Mauritius...

Is it ok to sunbathe topless in Mauritius or would it be frowned upon (mainly Hindu, but also has Muslims & Christians)?

Anyone got any feedback?

Thanks

Brideoftheyear
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

This kind of behaviour is not acceptable in many countries including Mauritius. I have been there twice and seen women, quite rightly, reprimanded for this.

I believe that if you visit these countries you should abide by local customs.
springbride1
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

TOPLESS - no way!! I stayed in the Legends and was asked to put on a top before I entered the beach restaurant for lunch as bikini tops are to be only worn while sunbathing! It's very strict, for evening dining men have to wear trousers and shoes with a shirt and girls have to be smartly dressed.
B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I have no problem abiding by local customs - just didn't know if this was one of them...

Guess I'll be putting up with some extra white bits

MollieR
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

I've been to Mauritius a number of times and they don't appreciate women going topless, so its the bikini I'm afraid. Don't worry though you can go as skimpy as you like. As for eating lunch in a bikini, I really wouldn't fancy sitting at a table and looking at someone half naked. Can you imagine the disaster if you dropped your Lobster Bisque on your lap ouch....

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: