Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

FAO: ALL~ FAX INFO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs Peg Bundy
Chief Dosser

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: FAO: ALL~ FAX INFO

As some of you know, it has been customary for WOL users to send a fax with all our good wishes to your hotel on the morning of your wedding. The procedure below is open to suggestions for change. (Please pm me if you have any. If I don't reply, then I've gone missing, so please pm WOL themselves so that this post can be changed) Cheers!

Thanks are due to the following members who've kept this running. (If I've missed out someone, then please let me know)

Bee
MrsD Oct 04

Update 09/11/05: WOL members agreed that an e-mail would be an easier option. The e-mail will be sent to your chosen e-mail address on the morning of the wedding. The following details are required:

Names of Bride and Groom
E-mail address
Date of wedding

For WOL members interested in sending these e-mails (open to everyone), please keep an eye on any new entries posted here and be aware that a thread should be put up four/five days prior to the wedding date. If you don't see the thread, then please start one yourself along the following lines:

***E-MAIL FOR BRIDE! AND GROOM!*** (! - substitute proper names)

Bride and Groom are getting married on "Date". Please leave your greetings/message here.

Whoever sends the e-mail should complete the thread by posting that the Email has been sent (doesn't necessarily have to be the person who started the thread.. Please post this in Capitals and highlight it so that it's easily recogniseable.

Think I've included everything here. If anyone else has anything they'd like to add or feel I've left anything out, please pm me.

P.S. Just to let you all know that this is completely VOLUNTARY. WOL members do this on their own time and with the best of intentions. If you have a gripe regarding spellings of names, non receipt of e-mail, e-mail on the wrong day, e-mail to the wrong person, or any other gripe, then please use your discretion and avail of the pm feature to make an enquiry.

In the meantime, HAPPY PLANNING! :D

Last edited by Mrs Peg Bundy on Tue Nov 08, 2021 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
tiedtheknot
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Can I suggest that the fax number (while useful) doesn't need to be supplied by the bride/groom requesting the fax, unless the wedding is taking place overseas.

The online phone book accessible via the Eircom website or even the golden pages (www.goldenpages.ie) should have that information available.

Also, on the day of faxing, one person could volunteer to fax the well wishes rather than the hotel getting loads of different versions of the same thing.

Just suggestions
nic
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

It would make it easier if the bride and groom just provide the number and i think we should whoever is online and starts the thread for the fax could take responsiblity for sending i think that sounds fair. Should i PM fiona to ask if we can have a sticky

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

:D

Last edited by Mrs Peg Bundy on Tue Nov 08, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Peg Bundy
Chief Dosser

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Should we nominate someone to take care of the faxes, and then that person draw on the fall guys??? :?
Mrs Julie - May 05
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Julie & Dave
Summerhill House Hotel
30th May 05
fax 01 286 7929

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Yes you decouverte Ha! Ha! bet you wish you kept youre mouth shut now :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject:

NO!! I meant to add not to nominate me. I'm very unreliable and too thick to carry out something like this. :oops: :roll:

I'll do it occasionally if whoever's doing it is stuck or anything.
MrsD has volunteered her services too. :wink:
mrs d oct 04
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

no probs!
Mrs. Allie
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Allison Colton and Domenico Diomede
14 May '05
Kinnitty Castle
Fax_0509-37284

I volunteer to send all of the faxes here in Italy but I'd apreciate if someone could remind me who's getting married there.... or post here so that I can make up a list for myself.
lainy - Apr 05
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

Doesn't Fiona have all the info for the faxes already?
Mrs Peg Bundy
Chief Dosser

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't think so. :? I suggested that before to Bee when she was looking for the old list. I know the list of dates and names is up on one of the other threads, but there are no hotel names or fax numbers.
lainy - Apr 05
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Okay, well I am 16th April 05, Elaine and David, Cabra Caslte, Fax no is 042 9667039. If you need anything else let me know...
Mini Mom
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Colette & Denis, Friday 20th May 2005, Springfort Hall, Mallow.
The fax no. is 022) 21557
MrsFi
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Fiona & Colm
10th Sept 05
Glenview Hotel, Glen O'Downs, Delgany
Fax 01-2877511

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: