Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - House & Home

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Cleaning Tips
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiona-WeddingsOnline.ie
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject: Cleaning Tips

Have you got a secret potion that strips away limescale? Or maybe even a tip for getting the pink out of your whites? Share them with us :!:

www.WeddingsOnline.ie
Ireland's Busiest Wedding Website
SJo
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Don't forget your toothbrush!

Cleaning tip #1

For getting rid of caked on limescale from your taps etc. use a solution of neat vinegar. Either apply it with a toothbrush, scrub it around, leave it for a few hours and then rinse, or dowse a piece of kitchen roll in it, using an elastic band attach it to the tap, leave overnight and rinse it off for a brilliant shine! :D

Cleaning tip #2

For cleaning a stained toilet, dissolve 2 Steradent denture tablets in the bowl. Rub inside the toilet bowl with a toilet brush for the large areas and use a toothbrush for the smaller areas. And hey presto - no more icky toilet bowl!
MRS Mad Woman
Ultimate Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: cleaning tip

for all you chrome appliances, use windowlene wipes!!! there the biz at shining them like new!!!
ed*
Major Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

For oven trays that are difficult to clean, put biological washing powder on it with boiling water and leave for a few hours...good as new..

hhmmmm think I'll make a good house wifey with all these tips.. :lol: :wink:
att 05
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

to remove chewing gum that has hardened into cloth pop the item in the freezer leave until hard/frozen and remove - the chewing gum should come away from the material easily :D

Also to clean your hob and give it a good-as-new sparkly look dip some kitchen roll into baby oil (not too much) and apply - it will come up good as new.
att 05
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:36 am    Post subject:

I found this link to the How Clean is Your House prog.

No matter how irritating you may find the two women thier webpage has a collection of good tips so you might find what you are looking for there with a little root around.

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/H/how_clean_is_your_house/index.html
May_2006_Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

hi

New Wolly

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Micorwave Cleaning

Clean Your Microwave

Easiest way to clean the inside of your microwave, I've found, is to put a bowl of water in there (with or withour a squirt of lemon) and microwave it for a few minutes. The steam lifts all the dirt so it should just wipe off easily with a piece of kitchen roll.

MB
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I had a problem with stains in my sink, mainly tea stains.
Rub some washing powder round the sink with a damp cloth or sponge.
All shiny & sparkly again!
augustbride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

for cleaning George Forman(sp) grills. Heat them up for 1 min and rub clean with hot soapy water. Rinse with clean(not soapy) water.

Might be obvious to most people but I used to really struggle with cleaning the George!!

lilyjune
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Use Johnsons Baby Lotion on stainless steel and chrome surfaces - will make it shine like a new pin.
mia
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

For black iron fireplaces common in modern developments: Rub with baby oil and buff with a dry cloth.
ezziemc
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

The water in my area is really limescaly and no amount of lemon juice or vinegar was moving it. Even the area aroound the plug in my bath was green and I thought that was it. But I tried harpic limescale remover this weekend and I have to say I thoroughly recommend it it cleaned up my loos sinks and taps like new..
boobies
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

For tea stained mugs/cups use breadsoda gets stains right off. Can be used on sinks too....

Also Lidl have a limescale remover thats fantastic... I can't remember the name off hand but its in a blue, red and yellow bottle. You can actually see it desolving the limescale on taps, toilets etc.

Mrs VM
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

....I was just about to post about Lidl Limescale Remover too when i saw the last post. I can vouch for it's brilliance! I think it's called "Limescale Remover" (clever eh!) and it's the business. And only about �1.30 for a bottle.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: