Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - House & Home

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Anyone buy in Myrtle from Sherry Fitz?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs K.
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone buy in Myrtle from Sherry Fitz?

Just wondered what you thought, we are buying one and to be honest I find them a bit aloof! Like half a million is nothing to pay for a house. I don't know I just feel like I'm not getting much info or interest from them. Sorry should have put this on let off steam!
MRS Mad Woman
Ultimate Wolly

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

lets see them???

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Do you mean the floor plan? It's nothing special at all, it's more location for us. It's just a 3 bed townhouse.
Dolly Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Where is Myrtle?
mila
Major Wolly

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Baldoyle, I think?
Mrs K.
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

Hiya
Yeah Myrtle is in Baldoyle in the Coast development. I was actually up there last night and I've getting v excited! The house looks so small and skinny from the outside but it is 3 story so I suppose that balances it out a bit. I just found the estate agent a bit dis interested but I suppose they deal with first time buyer eejits like me all the time so are no doubt sick of it . But in saying that - we still are the Customer! and Customer is king :D
Aviatrix
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering have you moved in yet?

We put our deposit down over a year ago for Boyd House and its still not built.

Every couple of months we get a letter from Sherry Fitz saying its been delayed until x/y.

Its getting ridiculous at this stage.
Mrs K.
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Hi there, no we haven't moved in yet. We've actually changed our house as we weren't happy with the 3 story in Myrtle Square. We have now bought a 3 bed town house in Talavera house which is in front of Boyd house I think? I'm amazed that the builder added those 3 story ones to the plans and then finished them first! It is very annoying for buyers like you who bought over a year ago. What's your latest completion date? I was passing on the train last week and Boyd House looked very much in progress and nearly finished to be honest. Sherry Fitz told me Talavera house should be finished in Feb March 07 but from your experience I'm reckoning that will be 2008. I've moved back in with my parents to save money so hopefully it won't be too much delayed! Good luck with yours, what type house/apartment did you buy? I reckon it's the underground carparks that are causing delays.

k
Aviatrix
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

We bought a 4 bed terrace. We were initially told July 06, then it was Dec/Jan 07 and the latest is Feb/March 07. Hopefully we'll be in there by the end of the summer!!

We went down to the show houses last weekend just to pretend like it was gonna happen soon!!

I'd forgotten how much I hated the fireplace! Its soodd, they put in a modern kitchen and then whack a gross old mahogony-esque lookin yoke in the sitting room! Hopefully we may be able to get a hold of the foreman before it gets installed.

I dunno what the delays are down to,but I know that a few friends of mine who bought in Beaupark were delayed a year and it was due to subsidence and flooding! Not worrying at all. You'd think the engineers and architects would have all that covered.

It just annoys me that they've had our deposit now for over a year.
Dill
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Hey there

I've bought in Myrtle and am having the same frustrations with moving in, had convinced myself the latest we'd be in woudl be Christmas considering they were meant to be ready in the summer but now its Fen/Mar and to be honest i'm not even too hopeful about that given all the delays to date. Our block has looked ready for ages now, its because they're building around it that we cant move in, I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to finish all the homes (inc the new phase recently launched in April) and let us all in at the same time. I wouldnt mind so much if Red Arches hadnt popped up and people moved in while we're still waiting... agghhh!!!

If you go onto www.neighbours.ie and into Dublin 13 you'll see there's quite a few angry purchasers!!

Mrs K.
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Hi Dill

I had a look on neighbours.ie and it's scary the amount of people that are getting messed around! Did you buy in Boyd house ? We bought in Talavera house and were told it would be Feb/Mar although now I hear its pushed AGAIN to March/April. It's crazy.

I don't really understand delays to this extent and especially when those3 story houses beside the train were only added to plans in April and now they are completely finished! I wonder why they wouldn't just finish the first phase first.

what type did you buy? They are all lovely so at least on a positive note we will have a lovely home Eventually:)
Dill
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

Hey there

No I bought in Morrow House, its the one thats been furthest along building wise the whole way through! We initially were going for a 3 bed but they were all gone so we went for a 4 and I love it, just wish we could get into it!

Where did you hear March/April? They've obviously realised they're on to a winner and are trying to cram as many places as possible in, without finishing any so they can launch them all. It seemed they stopped working on ours and went on to build Red Arches, and then when they finally went back they started on all these new ones instead of finishing the ones that were sold.

Fingers crosed we'll be in before the wedding!!

Brideoftheyear
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

I know of people who have bought here. It is not by the coast rather in the heart of an industrial estate.

I believe the surrounding area is quite rough/lower class.
Dill
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Hey bride of the year, have to disagree with you on that one i'm afraid. I agree its a bit of a stretch calling it the Coast alright, though the entrance to Red Arches in on the coast so maybe they get around it that way. Its certainly not in the middle of the industrial estate, there is one down a separate turn off across the road and even then its an old style one so not high rise or anything.

I certainly wouldnt describe it as rough, if you continue down the road towards the Malahide Road maybe but Baldoyle its self is a grand area, the surrounding areas on the other side are Portmarnock and Sutton which definitely arent rough!

I think obviously we'd all like to live in gorgeous areas without a hint of lower class but unfortunately Dublin house prices prevent this and we've got to take what we can - and i for one think i've done very well buying usch a lovely house in a nice area for the price i paid.

Not to shoot you down brideoftheyear but i know the area very well and know what i'm talking about - dont want fellow The Coast purchasers to be worrying! ;)

Aviatrix
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I was considering rising to brideoftheyear�s bait there with a reply something along the lines of poor us having bought in Baldoyle (terribly "lower class") whilst she is lucky enough to have down on her location "a pretty place"

But I won�t take the bait
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: