Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Any May07 brides?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Hi Count Down,

Things are going well for me too - the only stumbling block at the moment is the dress

I still haven't found my dress and am losing patience! I think I am going to look in a few more shops and if I haven't found it by then, I'm going to go to a dressmaker...

Would be worried about that too though, because what if you thought something would be lovely, got it made, and then you didn't like it at all or it didn't suit you?!! Arghhhh... the dress is the hardeset part so far for me

emeralsd
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: 12th May 2007

Hi girls
Also getting married on May 12 o7. Just booked the church and venue this week and thats alll iv done. I didnt even know this website existed until the other day. Thankgod i found it. So yes looking for some guidance on what exactly i need to be doing next. Tomorrow iv booked into 2 bridal shops just to see whats out there. Will be very exciting, trying on the first dress ever. I didnt really want to get a dress until after xmas as i hope to lose a few pounds, but am i leaving myself a bit late. Also discovered Lola gray website and i believe they have a shop in Galway. Anyone been there at all. Im going to Tracey bridal and a place in Claregalway( forgotten the name but did seem very nice)
Not having a huge wedding, about 80 i think( although could get bigger)
Im loking for guidance on what i should be doing next. Im very relaxed about it all, maybe too much so.
Thanks girls
veeinoz
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: May 19th 2007

Hi Cyberfee, Ram07 and Brideee

I am also May 19th. It's so nice to find others who have the same wedding date. We can compare notes on the big countdown!

Now and again I start to panic as I am planning the wedding from overseas. Have the major things like church, band, church singer, photographer, videographer, car and cake and of course my dress sorted. Will have just one bridesmaid (my sis) and will look for dress as soon as she gets back from her year in OZ at the end of the year. Will fly home one week before the wedding to have hen night. I imagine there will be a lot of driving around to the do in the week in the lead up to the big day but I hope that I'll have everything under control.

How you guys any major worries about the planning. Going to start the mass booklets and invitation address lists in the next 3-4 weeks.
B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

Hi emeralsd,

I went to Tracy Bridal and Lola Gray two weeks ago.

Tracy Bridal have a great selection and I got an early morning appointment (which I would receommend because it's quieter). The assistant was really helpful and really went out of her way to help me find something I liked (without being pushy). Unfortunately I didn't find "THE" dress.... but saw some lovely styles!

Maeve does Lola Gray dresses from her house and she is really friendly and enthusiastic. It's worth a visit, but because it's only one range of dresses, if you don't like the style, then you are unlikely to find your dress there. That said however, she's well worht a visit and there's a couch for whoever comes with you to sit on, which is much easier than them standing around...

Good luck!

J9
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: May 02

We are getting married on the 2nd of May in Cabra. We don't live in Ireland. But my H2B is from Ireland. Been to a wedding in 2004 and it was lovely. So it wasn't hard to pick the venue!
kakel
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

J9 are you getting married in Cabra in Dublin or Cabra Castle. I'm asking cause i'm May 07 and Cabra Castle
J9
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

We are getting married in Cabra Castle as well, on Wednesday the 2nd. Yesterday we had exactly half a year to go! All the important stuff has been arranged thank goodness.
B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Well.....

Never thought that I'd be posting this..... but I think I MAY have found THE dress....

I tried on a dress last weekend and I can't stop thinking about it now. It's the first dress that I've tried on that I have been happy in and not wanted to take off....

Trying not to get too excited because I have appointments booked for this weekend for other dress shops and I want to try on a few more before I make a final decision.

It's mad though because I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I was never going to find a dress and I'd just have to get one made....

J9
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, B2B-May there's a dress for everyone! I hope you have a good time shopping. It's always good knowing that you have already found a dress you like, so you can just have a look around and maybe you'll find an even more stunning one. That's what happened to me. Thought I had found the one and when I went to a different shop the next day, I was overwhelmed with choice, all stunning dresses. But I have found the one for me now! So I stopped looking at dresses, it would drive me nuts!

B2B-May
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Well if I don't see anything I like tomorrow, then I'm going to go back to the other shop and make a final decision on whether that's THE dress for me!!

I can't wait just to have that decision behind...

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: