Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

landmark hotel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suegav
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject: landmark hotel

hi girls,
Any of you been to a wedding there over the summer? would love to hear feedback? Or if you had your wedding there how was the wedding co ordinator to deal with?? Hope all your plans are goin well!!! :)
bride180807
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

we are having our reception there next august.
i really love the hotel
have been to a few weddings there over the past couple of years and have never found fault
havent had any problems with wedding co ordinator, but havent been in alot of contact apart from booking the date & an odd email here & there asking a few questions...
fab hotel

DopeyBrideDec07
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

We have The Landmark booked for our wedding too. I have heard nothing but excellent reports about the food and service. We were told that they are redecorating the room within the next year or so. The new co-ordinator is lovely she is way more organised than the last woman. She never replied to e-mails or phone calls and that was even before she got the booking.
All Im worrying about now is that it will cost a fortune!!!!

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Hi DopeyBrideDec07,do you have any idea when the room is being redecorated? Met the wedding co ordinator last week and she does seem v organised and nice. thankgod!! Wat bands are you guys using??
DopeyBrideDec07
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

She didn't say exactly when they were redecorating. Id assume late winter when its kind of quiet.
We have booked 'Raindance'. They are from Galway. H2B was dealing with the music side of things reckons they are very good.
Booked the lady from Special Occasions in the town aswell to do flowers and candles. She has really good ideas. When are you getting married suegav?

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2022 3:07 pm    Post subject:

23rd August, havent done very much organising yet though!! cant face the dress shoppin yet!!
DopeyBrideDec07
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Dont be worrying!!! My sister in law (to be) only ordered her dress on the 16th September and she is getting married in March 07. Mind you they were saying that any later and she'd be pushing it!!!
Aisle of Brides in Carrick on Shannon have a nice selection and the sales woman (Joanne) is so nice and very helpful.
Good Luck!!

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Hey girls,

We're also having our reception at the Landmark Hotel next July. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on good bands. I havn't booked anyone yet and am getting a bit panicky! I've heard the Conquerers are good?????
suegav
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

We booked the Brian McDermott band. (website www.brianmcdermott.ie) I hear they are good, well I hope they are.I know they are doing gigs around the area in the next while so maybe you could check them out!!
I also hear that Sticky Fingers from longford are good too but dont have a website for them!! Hope that helps!!
Marie and Conor
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your help

Thanks Suegav,

We tried to book Brian McDermott but he was booked. Have you booked a photographer?
suegav
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Hiya,
I booked Ivan Keaney from Carrick on Shannon. Hes lovely to deal with and is reasonable too..he did a friends wedding last year and the photos were lovely!! Any luck with the band?
DopeyBrideDec07
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Hello Marie & Conor - We have booked Brian Duignan. He did a friends wedding a couple of years ago and my cousins wedding in June. Both albums are fab!

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Hi there,

We had our wedding in the Landmark in August this year. Fab venue - no complaints whatsoever. Fiona the wedding co-ordinator is brilliant to say the least & no detail is left a side - nothing is a problem.

We had Johanna & tequila sunrise (band) & everyone commented on how good they were - mobile number 0872774213. Andrea Duncan did our photos & she was excellent. Could not say a wrong word about the hotel - I'm sure they will get bookings from some of our guests as everyone commented on how professional the staff were in comparison with a lot of other hotels they had been to. We also had our wedding cake made by the chef there & it was beautiful - strawberry gateau, chocolate & lemon cake with frosted swans on top as well as fresh fruit all over.
DopeyBrideDec07
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Called into the hotel last night to get the new price list for 2007. Holy sh1t! The prices have gone up a HUGE amount !!!! More than the average 10% per annum. Has anyone else seen these new packages? Its madness! Im well browned off.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Hi dopeybrideDec07...we are getting married next Sept and have booked the Landmark Hotel. Fiona is lovely to deal with. We had originally booked the hotel and package with Samantha and Fiona has said that we can go with that or go with hers. There isn't much difference really. I thought it would be a lot more. We have also booked Raindance for our wedding - heard them at a wedding and they were really good. Also, we are having Brian Duignan for our photographs. His work is really good and he seems to be good crack too!

The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past;
you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: