WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

Cancun??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coconut
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Cancun??

we have being looking at cancun for our honeymoon in jan 08. Has anyone been in cancun?
msmcb1
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Not too sure about HM but i know Cancun is huge for US college students on spring break
seahorse
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

January is meant to be the best time to go to Cancun. You do get the students on Spring Break and during the summer and weather is great in January.
Li Li
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

i'm booking it for feb08... i hope this is not in spring break time.
The hotel im looking at is an all inclusive called la blanc... look up all the hotel reviews on trip advisor...

B2BDec06
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I am going to Cancun this January and am not at all worried about spring breaks...cos I'd find it a bit weird that students would be going to five star all inclusive hotel anyway for a spring break.

I wouldn't get too bogged down with trip advisor cos they invariable say something awful about every single accommodation anyway. Cancun is meant to be beautiful according to people I know that have been there and I can't wait to go!!!

Good luck with your search for honeymoon cos it was one of my biggest reliefs when I finally booked it...big
coconut
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

B2BDec06 you will have to let me know how u get on and what the weather is like!! :lol:

coconut
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject:

just talking to h2b and he was saying that spring break is the last week in february so happy days!!! :lol:

beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

hi guys
myself and h2b were looking at cancun last night and tha is wha we have decided on for july08 its about 3500 all inclusive for 2 weeks. as for students i dont reaaly care if it isnt students its kids IYKWIM :D

Where did u see the 5* places

coconut
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Tropical Places is very good for 5* places

Li Li
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

LA BLANC is 5* i think and looks fab.... what hotels are people booking

coconut
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

i was looking at secrets excellence but it is changing ownership at the end of the yr so decided aganist that! H2b was talking to someone that went to the RIU PALACE 5*hotel on there honeymoon and loved it! Tropical Places do this hotel and here is the tripadvisors page.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g150807-d303140-Reviews-Riu_Palace_Las_Americas-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

seahorse
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I was in Riu Cancun (next door to Palace) and it was great. I had hear Riu Palace is more for an older quieter crowd as Riu Cancun has more fun stuff going on.
coconut
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject:

U are the second person to say that to me today so me and h2b have decieded on the RIU cancun. Just have to get prices! who did u book with?

Sparkler
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject:

I've been to Cancun and loved it but I think Playa del Carmen (10 mins down road from Cancun) is better for a HM or else the island of Cozumel. I'm going to Occidental Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen for fine. Check it out - its pricy but amazing http://www.royalhideaway.com/[/url
Anyone been?

Cancun has excellent infrastructure & facilities (completely purpose built) but it is very lively, like the American version of the Canaries for us. They have great restaurants & shops but Playa del carmen is a bit slower & nicer I think for a honeymoon.
chickenlicken
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Just to give some advice - if your hair tends to frizz invest in portable straighteners. The voltage is so low in Mexico that straighteners won't get hot when plugged in!
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: