WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Vendors & Suppliers

For Professional DJs Nationwide

belladonna galway - don't bother!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fagiolo
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: belladonna galway - don't bother!

Went there to look for bridesmaids dresses last saturday. waste of time, tiny collection, 15 dresses. Also has anyone else been there, did I miss a room or something? I couldn't see any bridal gowns. its a joke of a place and I felt bad for dragging the bms there.
hubble
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

I popped in there a few weeks ago for a quick look with my bm. We were'nt dress shopping but had been in the pharmacy next door and were on our way back to the car. I was not too impressed either, very small space located over a school uniform shop. Can't understand why they would'nt invest in a bigger space. Talked to the girl working there at the time. She said they had a room at the back with the bridal dresses, but I would have to make an appointment to come back and see the dresses, and try them on. I was'n impressed at all. It was as if she was trying to put me off, advising me to phone in November as they travel to England in October to some bridal fair to get new stock. Myself and my bm were blown away as we both have lived in Califonia for a few years and could'nt get over the lack of customer service especially for a bridal shop. In the States they would be jumping all over you and nearly trip you to prevent you from leaving the shop. Did you visit any other bridal shops in Galway? I have'nt visited any others after that visit to Belladona. May just leave it til I am in the States again. However, if you had any good experiences let me know.
brideeee
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

Hi there,
A friend of mine was telling me about this whole exclusivity thing they have going with the appointments, it's good to know that I can strike that one off my list, thanks!
I've been to Tracy bridal and I have to say the lady I dealt with in there was lovely and very helpful, also think I might have found 'the one' there, even though I wasn't expecting to. I still have to go to Mozarina in Claregalway and Boulgers in Oughterard, but I think I've made my mind up. Went to Boulgers before with my friend and they were very attentive and their dresses were stunning.
Well, that's my twopence worth, all the best
xx brideeee

brideeee
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

P.S.
I was also out with Helena Quinlan in Craughwell, she's a lovely person, has very nice dresses, She's very much into designing also, so if you have any ideas I'm sure she'd do a super job,
xx brideeee

Aislinn C
Major Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

Hi Girls

haven;t been to belladonna myself rang for an appointment but was told they were booked out until the end of October. My friend was there on Saturday and said there was only two rails of dresses in there which is not a whole lot in fairness . I was in Mozarina last weekend and found the people lovely. They have a good selection of dresses ut the only thing is there are two dressing rooms in the back so there are two girls trying on dresses at the same time looking in the same mirror and it can get a bit crowded . I didn;t find anything there so we went to Tracy Bridal ( second time there) and I have to say all three girls were lovely and very attentive. I think I also found the one there which is great. Just want to show it to my bms and we will be grand. They also have a good selection of bm dresses and fg dresses there. They do have a few dressing rooms but they are scattered over the shop so brides don;t bump into eachother or share mirrors. Hope this helps

hubble
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the recommendations. Will definitely visit the places recommended. Has anyone visited the Lola Gray premises in Galway. Not sure where they are located, but know they opened up in Galway recently, remember reading it in the Advertiser.
fagiolo
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: tracy's is lovely

Yes I went to Tracy's to try on bridal gowns. She was very nice and attentive. Iactually didn't get the dress there in the end but I felt like buying her present or something because she made me feel so good about myself in the dresses and was very honest about what didn't suit me. I was reading on th WOL about these bitches in Bridal shops but Tracy was just the opposite. Go there - lovely selection of BMs and wedding gowms.
Jan 07 bride
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Hi Girls,
Have to agree with Fagiolo, you cant fault tracy bridal, they are all very attentive and honest, i didn't end up getting my own dress there but got my bridemaids dresses, they have every sort,shape size and coulour BM dresses so if u cant find something there u like u wont have much luck else where!!

nube
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

Hi Hubble

i am actually heading to lola gray this evening I will let you know how I get on

am heading to tracey's tomorrow - can't wait now after all the positive feedback

Hey brideeeee re helena quinlan what kind of price range are her dresses?

Thanks

brideeee
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Hi ya nube,
Helena's dresses are �1200 upward, well in saying that the one I liked was �1200, so I'm not sure if there were any cheaper ones, a friend of mine got her dress there and it was �2000, but it was one of her own designs, so it is made to measure.
I just wanted to add to the list that I was in Mozzarina bridal in Claregalway and it was really nice. The girl there is lovely and I really liked one dress which I hadn't even picked out, she had chosen it based on the style of dress that I like. Would defo recommend going there for a look,
Off to Eileen Boulgers in Oughterard next week, so I'll report back after I've been,
xx brideeee

MeanFomhair05
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I got my BM dresses in Belladonna last year - disaster.

They were Cream top with copper embroidery and a copper skirt - beautiful. BUT when I took delivery of them (4 BM's) - two of them were chocolate brown and two were copper!!

As they were useless I had to contact supplier in Uk (getting them in China) - I eventually got them - in chocolate brown - all four, one week before wedding and the length of skirts had yet to be altered!!

They refused to give me discount or pay for alterations despite hassle and lack of customer service, but I didn't press too hard either as just wanted the dresses at that stage.

I know of others who got BM dresses there and had no hassle though. The Bridal section is reletively new - since they moved into new premises, but based on above I would hate that panic over a wedding dress!

With regard to Tracy Bridal - not too keen on them - they were anything but helpful when I visited them, but I visited them before they too moved premises. From what I hear they have much better service now.

MF05

edited to add: I found a shop in UK that stocked them - they actually sent me over a dress to make sure the colours were what I wanted free of charge!! Now that is customer service - and I wasn't a customer!! Unfortunately they only had 3 in stock and a longer wait for delivery. but thought they were so very nice. When I sent back dress I sent them a crad and gift - needless to say Belladonne did not get same!
nube
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

OMG - talk about the most extreme wedding dress searching experiences !!!

Lola Gray - Friday evening - she runs this from her house. I thought that it would be a little weird but she runs it very professionally from the top of her house and the dresses are fab. She is very helpful and full of ideas but not pushy - I had a great time!! I had my mother and my son with me and she didn't bat an eyelid with regard to the child (even though she didn't have children herself)

Dresses are between 500 and 600 euro and delivery within 3 months - can't recommend her enough

Traceys - Saturday evening - if there was never another wedding dress shop in the world I would never never go back there. When we got to the shop door we had to ring the doorbell and the lady there (she seemed to be the owner or the lady in charge) looked at us as if we had three heads (again I had my son and mother with me) When she opened the door I introduced myself and said I had an apt @ 4.30 - 'no' she said 'it was at 4.00 we close at 5.00'. I apologised and said i was under the impression it was 4.30. No she said we don't do 4.30 apts and stood there looking at me .... again I apologised (why I don't know - its not like me to mix up times but I could have got it wrong) I asked as we were here could we have a look at the dresses anyway and we were shown to the rail of dresses in my size. We began flicking through when the lady told me to get into a dressing room and she will hand in some dresses - she hadn't asked me what I was looking for, colour or anything.

Long story short - I tried on 2 dresses - the same style, same colour - she was no help had no suggestions and walked away on a number of occassions to deal with other customers and left me standing there. In the end I had to get another assistant to get me out of the dress and when I asked for the number and price she didn't know what one we had tried on and made a very big fuss and made me feel very small.

On the other hand my son as if things couldn't get any worse decided to act up (to my embarrassment) so we got out of there as fast as possible

One of the other things I didn't like was they had signs up saying that if kids weren't kept under control they would be locked up or thrown out - NOT FUNNY - some of us have no choice - my babysitter let me down and I had to bring him

Needless to say I was very upset - so upset that I am petrified of going back to any dress shops.

Why do they feel that they can treat people like this - does the words customer service mean anythiing or is it a case of well there is going to be no repeat business from her ?!?!?!?

Aislinn C
Major Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

oh nube you poor thing. I have to say I had heard reports of the owner being rude but both times I was in there the younger girls were helping me and I found them to be great. The first time I went in there my BK was with me and she was heavily pregnant and had to sit down and said the owner kept coing up to her asking her if she as alright and could she help her, as if she would be looking for a wedding dress at feckin eight motnhs pregnant so we were dreading going back but the second time we went back she had the baby with her and the owner was all over her and very nice to us so to be honest I just don;t know what to think about it all. Of course it was not your fault and you had to bring your son. Why the hell not?

As for the time, why could she not just have explained they close at five and say you would only have half an hour and get going. Was there a rail of dresses in your size? I just browsed for a while with these coloured rings and nobody said anything about sizes to me. I had a bad experience in Beverly Hills bride in castlebar a few months ago. Had an appointment for half one. Don;t know castle bar very well but we got there around one o clock and parked at tesco. We then asked directions to the shop and got sent to the wrong shop, they gave us directions the wrong shop again this happened about four time until we finally found it and we wre feckin fifteen minutes late. I apologised and explained what had happened and she said it was fine and we went trying on dresses. Half way through before my hour was even up she started complaining to me about not have any lunch and blah blah because of me. Jesus I had an appointment its not like I just walked in off the street so I got the hell ot of there and would not go back if you paid me,. No custimer service at all

hubble
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Hi Girls,
Thanks for keeping this thread going. Nube, Did you see anything nice at Lola Gray?, prices seem very good!!. Looks like I will have to bring a small bottle of vodka with me in the handbag when I go shopping for my dress. Obviously theres no champagne on offer in the shops unlike on the TV. I can't believe that lady in Tracey's bridal was so rude to you. Sometimes owners are better if they stay away from their business, sge is doing it more damage than good. And as for harassing the lady who was pregnant !!! I am not even going to go there. Would I be right in guessing neither of you found the dress of your dreams then!
That place in Castlebar does'nt sound inviting at all.
nube
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Hi Hubble

I liked the dresses in Lola Gray - they are very me - little fuss - straight forward dress. Have a look at their website - www.lolagray.com

this is the one I like - http://www.lolagray.com/pagebuilder.asp?id=90
it's on their website as a bridesmaid dress but they can make it up in the white / off white colours etc

let me know what you think....

Also I am going to Mozarina (? sp.) in Claregalway & June Brides in Loughrea on Saturday

They don't have apts in June Brides plus there is a 50% sale on at the moment

I will let you know how I get on

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: