Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Hen & Stag

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Memory Montages

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpdesign
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Memory Montages

Just wondering if anyone has checked out this site -www.memorymontages.ie

Some of the samples on there are great. A friend of mine is going to get the large format one done for her hen. I'm thinking I might give it to my parents for Xmas.

s.
Pamela 1
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: www.memorymontages.ie

Hi S.

Yeah I was talking about this site in the vendors section. I know someone that got it done. The final picture was amazing. I met the guy who does them at a wedding fair a few weeks ago. The one he did for his wife for her hen was brilliant. I'm getting one done for Xmas for the parents. It's the best thing to get people who already have everything!!
Sunbeam
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Are you advertising your business?

www.bellaccessories.co.uk
jeny10021
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: memory montages website

Hi.

I saw this site under vendors as well. Look greats. I'm thinking of doing a smaller version for a 60th in January.

Jeny10021
Bridezilla07
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

Sunbeam wrote:
Are you advertising your business?

Probably SunBeam! (insert rolly eyes here)
dubgal
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Hi,

I think this is a lovely idea for any kind of present. Has anyone used them before?

I've posted already (under Dublin hens and a Temple Bar topic too) so sorry for the repitition! We used posh fizz (www.poshfizz.com) for my friend's hen and included in the package was a book of photos and funny comments from the event. They sell them for people not doing their packages too and it's cheaper than the montages... �90 I think. (Sorry I shud check the website & confirm but I'm being lazy!)

My friend's one is really funny - she knew nothing about it & must have thought we were all very snappy happy! We sent a cd of the photos and then some funny captions & they put it all together into a hard back A4 book. It's really nice and I know the bride was chuffed when it arrived! They put in a card with it saying something like "A gift for you, love from (and then all the bridesmaids names)."

Sorry for going on about them, but haven't seen any other posts about them here so wanted to let the secret out!
bride2be78
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

Dont mean to sound cheeky but �300 + vat is a bit steep in my opinion.

We did the same for our friend. Got photos of her, put them on photoshop, colour printed them and then laminated them for �20?
xxGroomxx
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

bride2be78 wrote:
Dont mean to sound cheeky but �300 + vat is a bit steep in my opinion.

We did the same for our friend. Got photos of her, put them on photoshop, colour printed them and then laminated them for �20?

Yeah but for someone who doesn't have a computer, or doesn't have photshop (very expensive to buy) and doesn't have the time to learn how to blend each photo together, and doesn't want to have to send it to a print shop at the correct size and resolution, it's not a bad price!!
bride2be78
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Id prefer to spend the �300 + vat on something else to be honest. There are a lot of media students in colleges out there who would be happy to get �50 to do the same :)
xxGroomxx
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

bride2be78 wrote:
Id prefer to spend the �300 + vat on something else to be honest. There are a lot of media students in colleges out there who would be happy to get �50 to do the same :)

You're right, students don't have any overheads or tax/vat issues to worry about and would do anything for the price of a pint , but there are plenty of photography students who will take wedding photos for a few hundred euro too, or a family member who can do the video, I'd rather spend more money on the professionals!
bride2be78
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Hey if people want to spend that kinda money fair play to them.

All I was saying is that I personally thought �300 + vat was a bit on the expensive side especially when i know how much time, effort and cost goes into producing an A4 sized montage.

All professionals have to start somewhere and to get their "professional" status they would have had to have attended college or a course at some stage so where is the harm in using a graduate who would do it for a lot less.

Everyone to their own thats what I say :)
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: