Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Crover House
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Count Down
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Crover House

Hi , This is my first time to use this website !!
We are getting married next may in Crover house Hotel in Mount Nugent , co Cavan and i was just wondering if any of you have any feed back on it. Have you been to a wedding there or anything... im looking forward to it but a bit nervous as havent been to a wedding there and really want it all to go perfectly !!
Doll
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Hi there

I have my wedding also booked for Crover House for August 2008. I worked there for about 4 years and they generally do do a good wedding. I never heard many complaints when I was there except maybe when you were trying to close the bar. The setting there is fantastic (one of the reasons We booked it) and it will be fab for photos whatever the weather. I know its been taken over by new managment since I worked there but still the same people own it. The food is always fab there and there is plently of it. I know they have recently just redecorated the bedrooms and they look really nice. I don't know what else really to say about it. Let me know if you want to find out anything else.
Count Down
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a million for that. I have heard that the food is brilliant and the setting is class so im looking forward to it!!
Thanks again
jenfitzy
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: crover house

was at a family wedding in sept it was the last word in every way beautifull setting food great service dont worry its a great place good luck
Doll
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

do you mind me asking count down when is your wedding. Do you have a band booked yet. I'm looking around at the moment
Count Down
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

my wedding is may 07. I have booked Time out - they are on the crover house list... i went to listen to a few of the bands on the list and they were by far the best. They are a 7 piece band from Navan . They are about 200/300 euro more than any other band but they did have the whole floor full and the whole wedding that we went to see was really lively.. they are very busy so you will have to book asap.
We have to use the house dj so i might go and listen to him some time to see what kind of music he plays . I really dont want britney, shakira, shania any of that shite !!
Anyway if you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me!!
ocean
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Countdown
Do you mind me asking how much is Timeout for 2008? We are getting married in Aug 08
Doll
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

The DJ is the same guy as when I worked there and he is excellent you won't even need to check him out. We play what ever you want. Takes requests and all that. Will play a bit of the usual wedding stuff as well to get poeple in the mood. I'm only have a small wedding to think there is to many people in time out. I remember Breege & the Startrex when I was there always had people up dancing did you see them.
Count Down
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Not sure how much they are for 08, but they played at my friends wedding in 05 and they were 1100 and now they are 1300 so they are prob going to be 1500 in 08, unless maybe you book them now in plenty of time, they might give it to you at 1300.
They are really good , go and listen to them some evening
veeinoz
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Crover House

I was at a wedding in Crover House some years ago and it was great. Getting married 19th May in Crover. Planning the wedding from overseas so was also a bit anxious about the house DJ so am happy to hear that he gets good reports. Have also booked Time Out. Main reason for choosing Crover was cos of the setting so I hope the weather will be ok on the day.
veeinoz
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Crover House

I was at a wedding in Crover House some years ago and it was great. Getting married 19th May in Crover. Planning the wedding from overseas so was also a bit anxious about the house DJ so am happy to hear that he gets good reports. Have also booked Time Out. Main reason for choosing Crover was cos of the setting so I hope the weather will be ok on the day.
veeinoz
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Crover House

fifidee
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Hi

I had my reception there in April 06 and I couldnt find fault with anything on the day or indeed with the run up to the wedding. People are still talking about the location, food, friendliness of the staff and the attention to detail. We didnt get a good day weather wise - but it didnt stop us getting great photos down at the waters edge.

I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough - I only wish I was doing it all again.

Best of luck with your plans

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: CROVER HOUSE

Hi

im also getting married in crover house and im so delighted to see all good reports. i was never at a wedding in crover but we went for dinner one day and i loved it. hope the food is as good. i also booked timeout im getting married on thursday of the october bank holiday 07 and i cant wait have only booked church and reception and band. who are ye getting for yer photo's and video and what prices? im not from the cavan area and anyone i asked from where i am wont travel so any info id appreciate. ive so much to oh i wont panic just yet.
veeinoz
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

hi pink panter

try paul callaghan http://www.paulcallaghan.com/

or finbarr o donghue

they are all to be found in the cavan wedding guide
http://www.cavanweddings.com/photography.html

great to hear that you will have time out as band. same as me. do you have a playlist from them. it's so long since i saw them live i think i will have to go see them again.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: