Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

How much will H2B help with organisation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BingoWings
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: How much will H2B help with organisation

Hi

I was just wondering how much your H2Bs helped with the organising of the big day?
Dolly Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

My DH tried on his suit,that was it
glittergirlrachel
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Picked the suits (with my help), stuck the stamps on the envelopes and delivered stuff to the venue the day before.

stinky
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

He's been involved the whole way through. Lost the head with me a bit because I made him drive all around the country looking at venues every sunday for weeks but the one we picked was the last one on the list so now I tell him wasn't it a good job I made him do it.
Dolly Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

glittergirlrachel wrote:
Picked the suits (with my help), stuck the stamps on the envelopes and delivered stuff to the venue the day before.

Actually sorry my DH did come with me to the hotel too the day before,I forgot that big contribution

Don't expect alot and you won't be disappointed.(I should have taken my own advice back then)
peaseblossom
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

stinky wrote:
He's been involved the whole way through. Lost the head with me a bit because I made him drive all around the country looking at venues every sunday for weeks but the one we picked was the last one on the list so now I tell him wasn't it a good job I made him do it.

ditto even as far as nearly dress hunting with me

nelly
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

he went and bought his suit and shirt and tie and new shoes, now says he i'm kitted out my job done....

he came to the venue and sided with the coordinator in the hotel
he told his family stuff i wished he had kept his mouth shut about
he could not organise his own family.... loads of what he never did

But he chose the honeymoon with me and put a lot of thought into it. so i can't complain about him.

Lets face it - it prob won't be his thing, but he is a dinger at putting out bins, painting garden gates, mowing the lawn, hanging pictures and freeing hairy spiders out the window late at night, so thats why i got on with it and organise our wedding say 90% / 10%
glittergirlrachel
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Mine would have loved to help but wanted everything to be perfect and bless him he just isn't into using a ruler to make sure the writing is straight on the envelopes and tying 150 tiny bows on the favours so it was easier to do it myself rather than having a fight over something like that so close to the wedding.

He came on the day aswell that was the best thing he could have done

BingoWings
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm begining think once we've picked the hotel, menu and suits, that'll be it for him.

I said to him that if he wanted to organise the day, I'd be more than happy to stand back....he nearly fell over laughing!
Crimbobride06
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

O girls thank god i am not the only one that has a H2B that is so laid back like mine, he has picked the suits (with me there!!) and the rings!
Sz
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

My h2b has been involved in everything aswell and was really offended when mum and I booked a florist without consulting him first! I didn't think he'd go as far to care about the flowers!

It nearly took him longer to decide on his suits than I did on my dress!

He's also sorted the band himself and is always phoning up the hotel to check they have kept our room allocation for family and friends and how many rooms are left.

MrsKav
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

When I saw this question my immediate respone was "Not very much".

He didn't even try on the suit we picked, just looked at it and said "OK". He came to the venue with me (we only went to 2 of them so that wasn't asking too much of him). He came to 1 wedding fair and fell asleep during the fashion show

He went shopping for our rings together and he wrote the addresses on our invite envelopes. I think that's about it.

Bottom line is don't expect too much. On the other hand I actually enjoyed most of the organising and I loved having control over everything!!

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

To be honest, I'm glad hes not sticking his beak in, and leaving it all to me. fair enough, he was dragged to every hotle in Munster for months and never complained but thats it. I'll call on him again to pick out the suits and the rings. But I'm happy to spend the money organising over priced flowers, makeup, hair, dresses etc without him moaning about the price of things which hes great at

[/URL]
Christmas B
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

My H2B has been involved ZERO!!!!!

In fairness though we're building 2 houses at the mo and he's looking after those!!

Dolly Dora
~WOL-Queen~

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

Christmas B wrote:
My H2B has been involved ZERO!!!!!

In fairness though we're building 2 houses at the mo and he's looking after those!!

But surely he can multi-task...how lazy is he
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: