Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Am I over-reacting???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marla
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across so harshly! Of course people care about your wedding , I never implied otherwise but nobody cares more about it than you. I simply meant that life goes on after you get engaged and that life includes other people getting engaged and pregnant etc...

I don't know you or anything about your life but if my sister got engaged 5 weeks after me, I'd be so excited for her and delighted that I'd have someone to talk about wedding stuff with, without driving them mad!!!
grumpy
Major Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

From the sounds of things, you're never going to get the love and attention from your family that you obviously want. Seeing as this is the case, you should look to your fh and his family and your friends for what you need. Just cos those people aren't blood, doesn't mean they'll be less of a family to you.

As for babis at your wedding, that is your choice, and I completely understand your view. Sure, before I got pregnant, we were taking my brother's wedding next June into consideration, ie if I didn't conceive by September this year, we'd put it on hold till the new year so as I wouldn't be nearly 9 months by the wedding. Then, when I did get pregnant, I thought "Lovely, baby will be at least 4 months by then, old enough to leave with dh's folks for the night by then!".

BUT, it is your sister's child and her decision. Suggest to her that perhaps her fiance be primary care-giver on your wedding day, and that he sit at the back of the church, ready to remove himself and the baby if he/she gets unsettled during the ceremony.

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

alisonjane wrote:

And yes, I actually want a whole year in the sun. Not just 5 weeks. I only plan on getting married once and from the day I got my ring until the day I say 'I do', it is my time....

I feel sorry for you-you really need help. are you getting married because you love your partner or you want loads of attention?????????? Seems to me its cos you want loads of attention. You are way too immature to be getting married.
alisonjane
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

It's ok Marla.
I've learned my lesson about posting here. I really didn't look at it as being so selfish. I have big issues with my sister. If we got on better I would be delighted for her. I just wanted to let off steam cause I spent last Sat night in tears and wanting to call off wedding becuase of her. Until my Fiance convinced me that it's about us and our day. Let other people worry about their own problems etc...

maryc
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

alisonjane wrote:
It's ok Marla.
I've learned my lesson about posting here. I really didn't look at it as being so selfish. I have big issues with my sister. If we got on better I would be delighted for her. I just wanted to let off steam cause I spent last Sat night in tears and wanting to call off wedding becuase of her. Until my Fiance convinced me that it's about us and our day. Let other people worry about their own problems etc...

For gods sake if you are so happy about being engaged and love your partner so much why were you going to call off the wedding? Unbelievable
alisonjane
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Grumpy,

I do feel closer to my Fiance's family than mine. Only problem is they all live in South Africa !!! But he is the most important thing to me, and being married to him is more important than a stupid wedding.

I won't stop my sister bringing her baby at all. The fight started because I suggested she bring a babysitter. I would not forbid her from bringing the child. I think people misunderstood me there. I only suggested a b-sitter for the hotel to her...

alisonjane
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your opinion maryc.

I said call off the wedding, not the marriage. Just to clarify. But thanks anyway!

MRSKP
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

For gods sake if you are so happy about being engaged and love your partner so much why were you going to call off the wedding? Unbelievable

Probably because the limelight isnt on her enough, as the sister is pregnant and engaged?
MRSKP
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But he is the most important thing to me, and being married to him is more important than a stupid wedding.

So why do you want a year in the limelight? Will you want 50 years in the limelight after that aswell, for people to shower you with attention cos your married?
Bride.
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Am I over-reacting???

Yes. She is trying to wind you up and you are letting her and it's making you look bad.

It doesn't matter if she is engaged and pregnant at the same time as you at all, it will be a special time for you and your fiance regardless.

I don't know how much attention you could expect, I mean we were congratulated and people ask how the wedding plans are going but that's about it. I don't think many people really get a full year's worth of attention mileage out of it, nor would really want or expect it.

I really think you need to stop letting that wagon of a sister bother you, enjoy your engagement and let everything she does roll off you otherwise I think you will go mad.
alisonjane
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Bride,

I know I might be over-reacting and you're right, I should let her enjoy her life and I can enjoy my life.

I didn't really expect that much attention. I guess I just wanted it to last a little longer. But I understand that it's only a big thing in my life and other people have their own worries. I can't expect people to be as excited as I am. I guess that's the 5 year old child with the net curtains on her head talking !!!!

Thanks for trying to understand and not shouting at me !!!

Snove
Major Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Your comments might have been a bit bridezilla like Alison but I think I know where you're coming from. Like you say, your problem with your sister obviously goes a lot deeper then the last few months, so maybe that's causing you to overreact to the circumstances.
Just keep in mind that it will be your day, regardless to her being pregnant or engaged, and you'll have a fabulous time.
If your sister brings you down then maybe you should keep a bit of distance there for the moment.
Hope it works out

alisonjane
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Snove. Didn't realise I was turning into Bridezilla !! And you're right. It is my day, regardless of what my sister does. I will calm down eventually. Planning weddings is just so stressful and brings out the worst in people sometimes...

NoHurry
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

alisonjane wrote:
And yes, I actually want a whole year in the sun. Not just 5 weeks. I only plan on getting married once and from the day I got my ring until the day I say 'I do', it is my time....

AlisonJane, I believe you may be in for a bit of a disappointment in this regards. Other people have their own stuff going on and it won't be put on hold simply because you're getting married. The world won't for other people, revolve around your wedding.

This view has nothing to do with your particular sister problem, it's just win relation to the above comment only.
alisonjane
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Understood. Thanks for the reply. I was just angry at some of the comments. I have realised that nobody cares about my wedding, except me and H2B. And that's ok.

Never expected the world to stop turning. Just didn't want the event to be overshadowed by someone else in my family. But it's done now, so I'll get over it.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: