Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Am I being selfish
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squigg
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes fellas just need a wee while to get used to things as they are before making any big changes. You know what they say about baby steps?! My H2B was exactly the same, happy to spend the rest of his life with me but just not ready to get married. I backed off and lo and behold a couple of years later he popped the question and can't wait to get married.

Your boyfriend has made a huge committment to you by building the house with you. Enjoy setting up home together and give him time - you never know he might be calling your bluff!

Moet for Me
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

No you are not being selfish at all. I was ready to get married first in my relationship, I think it is much more common for women to be ready first. Women seem to have the whole thing planned out when they are young, men don't seem to do this. Biological clock and all that.

BabyG
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Guys are funny! I know when I brought up the subject of marriage my h2b would say that he would ask me and if I kept on about it he wouldn't!!! Then when I got pregnant I felt we should get engaged ( hormonal I think cos I am by now ways traditional!!), but nope, then my sister got engaged, then his sister got engaged and I was feeling terrible!! Little did I relaise that he had planned to propose all along and that my sister and his sister had stolen his thunder and he had to wait till all the excitment around them died down and then propsed to me on Christmas morning!!!

My best friend is in the same predicament. She has been with her boyf for ages and they have a house together and she just can't wait to get married and have babies (her words) However the way she talks about it, she says that he never wants to get married, that he doesn't believe in it and she is really worried about it and what to do

Little does she know that he will be proposing by the end of the year!! He told me on a night out a while ago and that he is just saying all the negative stuff about weddings to throw her off the scent!!

I can't wait till he asks her as she will be over the moon it is soo hard not to tell her now, when I see her a little disheartened, but I don't want to ruin his surprise or her reaction to it!

So hold on, enjoy what you have now, there is plenty of time for him to ask and it'll be a surprise and it'll be perfect!!!
lamb nose
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: