Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

how long were you together before you got married?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long were you together before you got married?
Less than a year
 0%  [ 1 ]
one to two years
 7%  [ 11 ]
two to three years
 10%  [ 16 ]
three to four years
 16%  [ 25 ]
five to seven years
 30%  [ 45 ]
Seven years or more
 34%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 150

Skippy
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

We were together 6 years before our wedding day. We waited so long because I was only going on 24 when we met and although we knew very early on that we were going to be together forever (PG) we were in no hurry to get married because we both felt it was a huge mature thing to do and wanted to arse around the world for a while.

Also I always said I wouldn't get married before I was 30, it was the right thing for me to do, but there are a lot of girls out there who would have been way more mature and self-contained at 23 than I am right now at 30! So if it feels right for you, and only you will know when that time comes, then go for it.

In fact the average reply from all our friends and family was "about flippin time!".
mrsd27
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe its that long.....

Last edited by mrsd27 on Tue Nov 14, 2021 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
MadameKinky
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Its interesting that most of the posters who have with their partners a long time before getting married met their DH when they were quite young.

I was 25 when i met DH and he was 26, we knew fairly quickly that we wanted to get married and only delayed getting engaged until i moved from down the country - long distance relationship for 9 months.

We would have gotten married sooner than 2 years after we got engaged but we wanted to buy a house first. I was 28 & DH 29 when we married and it was just the right time for us.

Although, i have to say I was a bit surprised at the number of people who were together longer than 5 years before they married, but it was explained by the number of people who met their partners quite young.
radiant2007
New Wolly

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Got engaged after 2 and a half years together, and wedding one year after that!
minnieminx
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

We will be together 13 years in january and getting married in august. Cant wait

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject:

Will be 9 years 1.5 months since we first dated but we had a lot of time off in between.
star2007
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: married

We will be together for over 8 years when we get married. I met him when I was 18 so thats why it took so long.

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

We were together 8 years when we got married. Was 17 when we met, so that's part of the reason why it took so long. After we got engaged we were saving for a house before marrying. Finally got into the house 1.5 yrs before wedding, so we spent that 1.5yrs saving for the wedding!

snowmrs2b
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

8 years but like many of the others i was only in college when we met and still had plenty more to do before the wedding

lola bride
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I have been with my fiancee 6 years, and we're getting married next june so it will be nearly 7 years by that time.

Not really sure about anyone else, but I met my h2b when i was only 17 so had alot of things to do (like enjoy ourselves then save and but a house) before getting married!

We got engaged a year ago last july (the weekend before moving into our own house) so then had to start saving for the wedding!
2006wedding
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

wow, there are loads of you who have been together at least 5 or 6 years before you get married. Nearly everyone i know who has got married have only been together a few years at the most so we seemed to be the exception!! We will be together 7 years 14th nov and we are married almost 2 months!

genie
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

We'll be together 6 years next week and getting married in March. We decided to sort out our house before getting married and are very happy with our decision.

lola bride
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

we went along the same track of thought!

We wanted to get our house before getting married, even though we always talked of marriage, we thought that buying a house was more important in this day and age!

In the end my h2b proposed the weekend before moving into our house, after a days shopping for washing machine/ fridge etc!

Even though i knew we would eventually get engaged i didnt expect it at that point!

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Been together 3 years and still two years to wedding!! So we'll be together 5 years when we get married. Got engaged after two years.
Mrs2b07
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

We're together over 9 years now and getting married in march. We'll both be 29 then.

Dont have any excuse as to why its taken us this long, its just the right time now. We knew for years that we would get married but we were just enjoying life and not in any rush

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: