Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Hen & Stag

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Carlow Hen - ideas needed

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs VM
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Carlow Hen - ideas needed

Hi,

A friend of mine is getting married next June and would like to have her hen in Carlow around April, probably over 2 days, spending the first day doing some chilling out, beauty treatments, girly things etc and the second day doing pole dancing lessons and out on the town in Carlow that night.

I have been talked in to being Hen Co-Ordinator And I need your help!!

I'm looking for ideas for self catering accommodation that is in the town centre and beauty spa's that would take a group of us. Also recommendations for hen friendly restaurants..........and I think we can suss out the pubs ourselves hehe!

So anybody with any input..........hit me!

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Hello! I was at one there lately and we ate in a restaurant which is part of the Dinn R�. I just can't think of the name now but I think it began with B. Anyway, food was fab and really reasonable and they were defo hen friendly. It turned into a great disco bar then after the meal with cheesy DJ etc.
Mrs VM
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks Mistified. It's good to know a hen friendly restaurant,

Mrs VM

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Hi Mrs VM,

Not sure if you saw my post about posh fizz in another thread? Don't want to bore anyone by repeating myself!!! But basically we thought they were brilliant! We used them for my friend's hen and chose a dublin based package. When enquired initially, they suggested a pole dancing package in carlow. Sorry I can't be more help but we didn't really go into detail about the carlow package, cos we wanted to record an album instead (which we did in Dublin). Their website is www.poshfizz.com so send them an email for info! They'll ask you a load of questions - like how many people are there & what's your budget (we just gave approx answers at first to see what they would offer).

By the way, I saw on another thread that someone asked if the person was promoting their business. Just wanted to say that I'm just a satisfied customer and have nothing to do with Posh Fizz. As chief BM, I've just got slightly addicted to all things wedding!!!

x
lucylu
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

restaurants in carlow that take hen parties
Lemongrass
the Shapla (indian) check this one to see if they will take a hen
Brooks Bar (Dinn Ri)
Italian Connection

Sam McCauleys beauty Spa in FairGreen
Talbot Hotel has a beauty spa cant think of its name (out of the town)
there isn't really any other large spa's in carlow town

Pubs (best)
Med Bar (renovated at the moment)
Buzz, Tullys, scraggs alley, Cosmos Browns, lennons, the Music Factory, the barracks(tullow St)
Leverette & Frye & O' Loughlains (Dublin Street)

Night Clubs
Foundry & Tower 2 for 1 Foundry tud tud music tower live band
Brooks (part of Dinn Ri) older crowd DJ
Cosmo Browns (upstairs)
The Music Factory

hope this helps
Mrs VM
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

LucyLu,

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks so much.

Have sorted accommodation and beauty treatments, booked Mount Wolseley Holiday Homes in Tullow for 2 nights which means we have use of their leisure centre and they have a beauty spa there too so we're sorted!

Thanks Again

MrsVM

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: Carlow Hen

Hey,

Dinn Ri is great craic - thinking of it for my hen next summer.

Been there a couple of times - highly recommended

cheers,
Shazjohn
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Mount Wolesley

Hi,
Just to let you know that my hen was in Mount Wol. holiday homes a few months ago - they were all beautiful; we had 3 adjoining houses and all were fantastic. A taxi into town is not expensive.
Excellent choice; all the girls loved htem!
And we went to the Scragg Alley pub I think it was called on the sat nite; we had such a ball; the dj was so hen friendly unbelievable, did loads of games and basically made such a big deal out of us we had an amazing weekend. Best of luck!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Hen & Stag All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: