WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

Mexico and other location?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BettyBride
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Mexico and other location?

Hi girls,
Could anyone recommend the best place to go in Mexico for honeymoon? Not too quiet but still somewhere luxurious and relaxing! Will have over 3 weeks so is there anywhere else as part of a package we could go on for the last week?
Going in August 07 so a bit concerned it might be in the middle of hurrican seasson?

Thanks!
beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I was also thinking of mexico and everyone seems to recommend cancun. I also want to fit vegas in as i just really want to go there!

BettyBride
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah we were thinking of Las Vegas too but I fear my finances mightnt live up to it! Wonder is Mexico/Las Vegas a good package??
Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Ive written a million posts about this (or it feels like that many!!) I wanted to go to Mexico and was in a total panic about hurricane season but have gotten over it now and am booking for July 07.
We are staying at the Moon Palace, its out of this world and I havent read one bad review about the place.
We are flying into Vegas then to Mexico and home via New York. Cannot wait for it now. The travel agents have told us that it may rain whilst we are in Mexico for brief spells but that it is very warm and still sunny.
Check your travel agents policy on hurricanes e.g. if one occurs prior to departure will they arrange an alternative.
I have been dealing with ebookers and Twohigs. if anyone wants info pm me.

happychick
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

we have just come back from spending six nights in Moon Palace and 6 nights in New York for our honeymoon. Really enjoyed both.

Moon Palace is really lovely and is a very relaxing place, six nights for us both were enough. I am not one for sitting there doing nothing which we did for the six days, altough I did go shopping (not much to buy if you go with the hotel bus) and had a pampering day. We also wasted a whole morning with the hotel trying to sell us a time share which they didn't call a time share but we got free t-shirts and massages out of it!!!

The only thing that annoyed me about it and its a small thing is that there was too many staff working there. It was impossible to relax over a meal, you wouldn't be finished eating when someone would be taking your plates away from you and the wine was appalling.

If you do go, I would advice you to bring about US$300 to 500 in $1 bills as it is very hard to get small change there.

the weather was fab when we were there and it is a lovely place to relax

lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Hi,

First time on here so bear with me. Anyway as far as I've been told Cancun is definitely the place to be and the travel agents have some really good brouchers, but there is a travel show in the RDS at some stage early in the new year and the savings on trips are meant to be amazing!! (not sure of the date though).

The only other thing I was warned about was a lot of college students going down for different holidays like spring break etc... as friends of our were out on their in the summer on there honeymoon and said it was mad.

Meant to be brill though....
Joleigh
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

Lady Penelope,

Your honeymoon sounds brilliant! Would love to go to Las Vegas then on to Moon Palace, was in NewYork already so not too bothered about that. Rainy season wouldnt bother me if its just the odd shower.

I wonder when that travel show is on in the RDS. Wonder is it worth my while waiting until then to book?

Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Lady Penelope wrote:
Ive written a million posts about this (or it feels like that many!!) I wanted to go to Mexico and was in a total panic about hurricane season but have gotten over it now and am booking for July 07.
We are staying at the Moon Palace, its out of this world and I havent read one bad review about the place.
We are flying into Vegas then to Mexico and home via New York. Cannot wait for it now. The travel agents have told us that it may rain whilst we are in Mexico for brief spells but that it is very warm and still sunny.
Check your travel agents policy on hurricanes e.g. if one occurs prior to departure will they arrange an alternative.
I have been dealing with ebookers and Twohigs. if anyone wants info pm me.

did you book it yet????sounds fab yet we'd be there in Jan so don't think that part of Hurricane season.

Would love to do that at the end of our trip...do u mind me asking what kind of breakdown of prices overall are you getting????nosey nelly here!

Li Li
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

im planning to book cancun and then vegas aswell.... can i ask how much you paid approx.

I want to stay in le blanc... which is owned by moon palace and then not sure where to stay in vegas..

Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Ive still to book it. Two travel agents have given me similar prices but I dont know whether to wait for another 2 weeks when American Holidays will have their Cancun prices.

Its working out about 6000 including insurance. Had I booked it 3 weeks ago Id have got it for 5200. Some of the hotels seem to be going up in price.

That show in the RDS is probably the same one as last year for anyone who went i.e. The Wedding Journal one. TBH I think the max savings they were offering was �150 off brochure prices which isnt alot seeing as you may save more if you book early.

The two travel agents I have been using are Ebookers and Twohigs. Thomas Cook also gave me a quote but their service is brutal and they take days to come back to you.

Am getting excited now! And I am so indecisive so I dont know whether to book or hold off for American Holidays prices!

Millymoo
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Cancun is really faboulous was there in july 03 and the weather was perfect hardly any rain and the beaches are fantastic,would really recomend it

Alias
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

We went to Mexico but went to the west coast, because of the hurricane risk. We stayed at Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta, and the resort was just fab. It's quieter than Cancun over there, but we were there off-season (supposedly rainy season in September, although we only saw about 2 days of rain out of 9, and only in the evening). It was seriously warm there. I highly recommend them, they really looked after us, and presume Cancun would be as nice.

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/
Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Great to get such feedback! I booked this morning!

Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooo yippee great

so spill who you book with what were they like etc and was it 6k as planned????

BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

we are heading to Cancun on honeymoon also. Staying in the Moon Palace for the 1st wk (thanks a mil for the feedback happychick great to hear from someone who has been!) Then we fly onto LA and stay there for 4 nights... have a convertible car hired and then we drive to Las Vegas and stay in the Bellegio for 4 nights. Whole lot comes to around �6400.
We rang yesterday to see if it was poss to stop off then in NY on the way home for 2 nights but it was coming to an extra �1700!!!!! due to the time of year we were flying.. Mid term in the US or something. Needless to say we are not stopping off in NY!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: