For all your honeymoon needs

Mexico and other location?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs2b07
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

BirthdayBrideMarch & Lady Penelope can you please tell me who you booked with.

I am looking at something similar. We want to do vegas and cancun and maybe somewhere else but dont want to spend too much time in airports as we'll only have 2 weeks

Have tried booking on line myself but find it hard to get flights which are direct or with only 1 stop

Thanks!!

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
BirthdayBrideMarch & Lady Penelope can you please tell me who you booked with.

I am looking at something similar. We want to do vegas and cancun and maybe somewhere else but dont want to spend too much time in airports as we'll only have 2 weeks

Have tried booking on line myself but find it hard to get flights which are direct or with only 1 stop

Thanks!!

We booked back in June through Mullingar Travel.. they went through American Holidays as far as I know. Thing is when I rang yesterday about adding NY onto it - see my other post - she said that the prices had rocketed because it's mid term hols in the US at that time, and you are getting wed just after me Mrs2b07 so don't leave it any longer to look into it just be sure. We are only away for 15 nights and it seems to be working out well cos we have the relaxing 1st wk and then the city stuff the 2nd week. Think about maybe drivin from LA to Vegas like we are..see a bit of the country too, not just airports.

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks alot for that. We have to book something soon. Its just so hard to decide exactly what to do - and of course we are going at the same time as the easter hols so it will be more expensive at that time!!!

We want to do the relaxing week first to recover from the wedding and then do the cities. Defo want to do vegas but not sure what else. We've already been to san fran and new york so maybe the drive to LA like you would be something to look into.

Thanks again

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Have been to Mexico a few times and always enjoyed it. Stayed in Moon Palace a couple of years back and loved it.

We are going to Hong Kong for a couple of nights and then on to Sydney for six nights and Fiji for a week. LA on the way back for a couple of nights and then home sweet home!
BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

That's some honeymoon you have booked bride of the year! you are practically travelling around the world!! Must have set ya back a few quid! once in a lifetime trip - you are dead right!

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I know but I think it will be the last chance to do such a trip for a long time so I am intending to make the most of it all! It was dear alright but you can get good deals if you shop around - Trailfinders were very good.
BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

when are you getting married!?
you will have an amazing time..

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Hi Girls

We are just back from Cancun Mexico. We spent 2 weeks in the Dreams Cancun and it was AMAZING, full board all inclusive, im thinking of booking again for next year.

The weather was fab about 33 - 34 every day. The hotel staff bent over backwards for us, when we arrived we were given a glass of champagne, freshly cooked cookies and a warm towel to wipe your face with.

Were we stayed was in the hotel district, and there was plenty to do. If you wanted to stay by the beach or pool all day you could, the waiter would bring you drinks and food it you were peckish. There was 5 places you choose from to eat at every night, from sea food to steak.

The nightlife is brill, you would meet your entertainer in the lobby of the hotel and you would pay your �35 each or what ever it was for the nightclub and head out to the local clubs, your drink was free for the whole night and you could leave whenever you wanted, us being irish we stayed til the death .

There are loads of day trips you can go on too. The hubby wanted to go deep sea fishing, anyone who does not like boats or swaying DO NOT GO. i hung over the edge all the way out and all the way back, the trip was for 4 hrs, it was rough, but we caught lods of fish.

We also went on a day trip to another island, lunch & drink included �55 each. You went out on a catamerane (Sorry about the spelling) with 40 other people, on the way to the island we went snorkling, you got to see all the reef and the tropical fish, it was brilliant. Then we were brought to the Island and you could shop around the little town or just sit an relax. This is the fun part, on the way back to Cancun, they put up a sail!!! You had to jump into the sea, climb onto the swing and the lads would pull the ropes and you would swing from side to side, the would also dip you and then you would jump of, brilliant.

The last trip we done was the speed boats. You actually get to drive the boat yourself. There was 2 to a boat and you follow the rep. Its called the jungle tour and you drive through the lagoon and end up in the sea, more snorkling, and then you head back.

This holiday was the best holiday ever. I would recommend this for anyone. We wanted a place that had the luxury, the weather and also if you wanted to go out on the town you could, we got what we wished for, AMAZING.

Hope this helps, girls.

Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Hi girls

I booked with Twohigs 01 6772666, a girl called Adrieanne. She was very helpful. I am flying to Vegas for 4 nights staying at the Bellagio then onto Cancun Moon Palace and finally home via New York for 4 nights.
The longest flight is to Vegas. Mexico is 7 hours and NYC is a bit shorter, I think!

If anyone wants more info let me know. O and if anyone is going to Mexico around mid July let me know too!!!! How mad would that be to have two Wollys on the same honeymoon!

BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I'll be staying in the Bellagio and the Moon Palace in March on my honeymoon Penelope so I'll be able to let you know how I faired out! Our honeymoons are very similar!/

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

cool thats brillo for you.

LP do you mind me asking was it the predicted price you thought you'd have to pay? and how long is the duration of your Hm?

Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Decemberbride I thought Id have to pay about 5000 based on first quotes that I got. That said we've got a pretty good deal. We are going for about 15 nights. It could have been done a little cheaper but we wanted to go 5 star in Vegas and all inclusive in the Moon Palace.

kazL
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

For all of you who are thinkinga bout booking the Moon palace you should have a look at Le Blanc, it is the new palace resort - Li Li you mentioned it, Its is gorgeous.

We stayed at the Moon Palace a few years ago and you will love it however it is on the outskirts of cancun, the hotel provides a free shuttle so it`s not too bad however Le Blanc is right in the centre of Cancun and when you look at Le Blanc it makes Moon Palace look dated. Not quite sure the price difference between the two.

I have also bveen to Vegas and I think combining the two would be a fantastic honeymoon, we looked into it but it was too expensive so we ended up doing Cancun fo 3 weeks.

If you are thinking about doing Vegas/Palace resort and can afford it then go for it .. you will love it.

P.S Been to Cancun 3 times and had a bout 5 days of rain, anyway maybe its a good thing if it rains on honeymoon

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject: Honeymoon in Cancun

Hi All,

I am very new to this and seem to have put my other post up as a new topic. I was looking for info on Cancun but you guys have given me lots of advice. We were looking at the Moon Palace too, it looks fab. I've read some reviews that complain about the whole complex being too big and that it takes ages to get to the restaurants if your room is at the the far end of the hotel.

We are getting married in August and were thinking of heading to the Moon Palace for 2 weeks.....hopefully the weather will be ok. Havent booked anything yet so any feedback or comments would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Ive booked the Moon Palace, we didnt want anywhere too central in Cancun so the Moon Palace was ideal. Have also read loads of reviews about it on Trip Advisor and the majority were excellent. Do a search on WOL as well and you may get some info.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: