Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Smelly Lebanon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyday08
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Hi girls my h2b came back from Liberia in August. Have to say the time flew kept myself busy and we were texting each other and spoke on the phone at least twice a day. Thank God its over now. Don't want to think about the next time he has to go though hopefully it'll be a good few years down the road.

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: hi

Poor divil,
DH is off next year on some trip too!!
He came back from Liberia this time last year!
I don't mind, until we have kids- that will be tough!!

stbMRS.B
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Hi Guys

I know exactly how ye feel. On the bright side its only 6 months, with a month (or is it 2 weeks now) leave in between and a month when they come back. Time does fly!!
My H2B is in the navy and every 2yrs he goes to a ship which basically means I get to see him at home for 1 week out of every month for at least 2yrs (it was 3yrs the last time), he's away at sea for 3 weeks at a time. Am dreading him going the next time which will actually be when we come back from HM
Any time away is horrible and no one should have to go through it. I feel yer pain

Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Smelly Lebanon

nummy nicola wrote:
Not sure if this should be in here or in Let off Steam but I just want to complain cos my lovely h2b went to Lebanon for 6 mths yesterday and I'm gonna miss him sooooooooo much

That's v. tough going nummy nicola.....absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that! Fair play to ye both for having such a strong relationship, I bet he must really miss you!He'll be back before you know it

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

I was watching that film 'Jarhead' last night ( don't it's crap) and I was thinking of you guys!

All brides are beautiful - Tony Soprano
Noeleys Girl
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Hi Girls

I am also an army wife to be so I feel all your pain too. My h2b has been away on three trips and we are together 9 years. The first time was definetly the worst. I will never forget that first day.
Don't think of the time in days (ie dont cross off days on the calendar) but rather in weeks and I guarantee you it will fly by. Nicola its great that youre keeping busy, that will really help you through it. PM me any time youre feeling down about it. I would have loved someone to talk to this time last year when h2b was away.
Its great that there are so many of us on here who are in the same boat. I never even though about posting this topic here before and Im delighted you did Nicola. Itll be a great support for us all.

NG
nummy nicola
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Yeah it's nice there are a few of us on here, to be honest I only posted this cos I was feeling sorry for myself but i'm glad that I did now.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: