Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Cheating MIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NancyH
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Why wanna fight.. cos I'm quite big. I could flatten you
lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

WOW that is a major pickle your in. Since we don't know your husband or his reaction to things it is really hard to say what you should do.

Is there any way you could find out more conclusively as it could really stir up a s**t storm if it is a mix up.

Has anyone else every mentioned anything to you besides the friend and your sister. If its someone from your local ~
GAA club then if it is true it may be more common knowledge than you think. I know something similar is going on in our Club but it is pretty well know by most of the people not involved.

It is so horrible to be in your position. God I really don't envy you on this one.

rady
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt say anything. all that was seen was a simple drink . what you heard before isint proof . dont meddle in others business. your mother in law cheating is not your concern only her husbands. leave it - honestly a situation like that will just end in tears, and some of them would be mine if i were to get involved in something like this
NancyH
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

rady wrote:
I wouldnt say anything. all that was seen was a simple drink . what you heard before isint proof . dont meddle in others business. your mother in law cheating is not your concern only her husbands. leave it - honestly a situation like that will just end in tears, and some of them would be mine if i were to get involved in something like this

I know your right Rady, I don't have any desire to get involved, it's just that I hate having to hide this from my other half. If God Forbid something does happen or his mum leaves his dad sometime in the future then my other half would never firgive me if he found out that I had known all along that something was up!
gk
Royal Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation, if you tell H2B it could create problems for you and him, if you don't tell him and it comes out in the end and he finds out you knew and didn't tell him, then it too could cause issues. If you approach MIL telling her what you know, she could try to discredit you and brand you a trouble maker and then more hastle for you. I'd say to your husband discreetly that she was seen out in a hotel, etc and act quite innocent asking him about it, without inferring she is having an affair or meeting another man.
MrsC!
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

gk wrote:
It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation, if you tell H2B it could create problems for you and him, if you don't tell him and it comes out in the end and he finds out you knew and didn't tell him, then it too could cause issues.

I have to agree with gk. Could you not say it in passing very like " My sister saw your mam in bla bla" or have your sister call over and mention she saw his Mam infront of him, just in passing.
At least then he won't think you have both been speaking about it behind his back??

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Love your little expecting piccie MrsC. so cute! congrats.

Nancy, I think if it were me i wouldnt say anything to your hubbie. however, i do think i would say it to his mother, and if it is in fact true, maybe she will decide to end it knowing that people are starting to find out? rather than all these other people getting hurt, your husbands family, his Dad, not to mention the family of the guy shes having the affair with, so many lives would be affected.

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks girls.
Mrs.C I think I could manage that one without messing up or getting flustered, then I won't feel like I'm hiding too much from him.

BigApple, I know what you're saying and I admire your courage but I definately couldn't do that. I don't have the strength, I'd be a gibbering mess. I've realised that I just need to stay well clear. If hubbie comes to me with suspicions about his mom I'll help him out, but until then I'll stay out of things as I'm not good at these sorts of things. Thanks for all the helpful advice girls and I feel like I got to let it out of my system because I don't want to talk about it to many people and the anonymity of this site is fantastic!
rady
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

nancy H what are you hiding from your hubby? its only a small thing that your sister saw. you feel you are hiding a possible affair which really as i said could be a simple drink. sure they could have been talking quotes for home decor or something. i thing this has in your mind just got bigger and bigger- in actual fact all you are keeping from him is that your sis saw his mum in town. who she was with doesnt matter . i wouldnt say anything in a week the whole dilemma will seem further in the past and you will just get on with things. it will just blow up the biggest can of worms ever.
Buffygirl
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Nancy, obviously you don't really want to get involved in this matter. Things usually end in tears and a big can of worms is waiting to be opeend.

So what do you do? I think you need to tell your husband. Definitely. I know if my h2b kept something like this from me and then it all blew up that I would be soo disappointed.

It's a question really of how you break it to your hubby. Try the casual in passing method if you think he'll go for it. If not then take the more abrupt approach and come clean.

This is something that you have to tell him and I know it's hard but you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: