Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - House & Home

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

New Brown Bin

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Avenger
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: New Brown Bin

Is anyone using theirs???

I had the idea of putting foodstuff in the bin like that to just sit.

AS THE GREAT DOLLY DORA SAYS "TAKE IT AND BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE SIDEWAYS"
Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

never heard of it?????? what's it do?

Magpie
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Oh I meant to ask about this, I saw them outside houses in Glasnevin last week with Dublin City Council on the side. But we are in the DCC are in Cabra and haven't got any.
What's the jackanory?

All brides are beautiful - Tony Soprano
C
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I am living in Dublin 5 (DCC) and they are trialling the bins in 8000 houses. In my area they are trialling them in some roads/areas of Clontarf and Artane. We did'nt get one but my mother in law did.

It is for food and garden waste. Useful for grass cuttings, etc, but I personally don't like the idea of putting foodstuffs in them. Basically, the collection alternates each week between the black bin and the brown bin i.e. each bin (black & brown) bin gets collected now once every 2 weeks.

You cannot put any kind of plastic bags, etc in the brown bin. You have to line the bottom of the bin with card or newspaper and wrap the foodtuffs in it too. I have no doubt it will be extended across the city after the trials.

There was a lot of media coverage about it over the Summer as the lids on the brown bins were not airtight and flies were getting in and laying eggs and people were finding their bins crawling with maggots - yuck.

C
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: