WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

oh help dunno what to do

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvlylili
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: oh help dunno what to do

oh guys help... every destination i look at is so expensive... h2b wants south of france, so i just looked up 5 star hotels in cannes boy i got a shock! i priced 5 mights in new york then moving onto 5 nights in la and it was �3500 but that was for a very basic hotel 3* and i dont think i wanna slum it on my honeymoon i want to be wine and dined

anyone got any suggestions please

south of france then lanzarote
new york then onto las vegas or maybe la
BingoWings
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

If you go to the US, could you knock off going to NY? Accom there is very expensive!!! LA and LV is half the price.
Or even do SF, LA and LV instead?
Birthdaybride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

lili
I feel your pain !!!!!!!!!!!!1
we literally vaulted around the world from one side to the other considering places to go for the honeymoon but decided on a �5000 budget and were determined to stick to it - as neither of us would enjoy the holier if we thought we spent much more money than that on it.

Anyway because of that (and because of the time of year - August) we have decided to stick to the Med - we are starting in a lovely resort outside Lisbon called cascais for five nights 4 star then flying to Barcelona for a 7 night med cruise on the Voyager of the Seas - where we have a stateroom with a balcony and loads of little extras as honeymooners -then back to really nice 3 star hotel in barcelona for three days shopping !!!!

i can recommend Sherry in travel counsellors - and give you her details if you like.
bb

stinky
Major Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

What about Egypt? 5 star hotels are not that expensive there and there are some lovely resorts and lots to do. If I'd never been or if I had a tighter budget for the honeymoon I would have seriously considered it.
emma1980
New Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

if ur thinkin of lanzarote head for the los fariones hotel...the hotel part is 4 or 5 star...its really nice, tell ur travel agent its for your honey moon..they shud throw in some extras for you on arrivel.
marblecity
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: What to do

Hi Luvlylili.

What time of the year are you thinking about? A huge consideration is time of year.
What about Florida with a Caribbean Cruise?
There are some great offers on the Maldives.

Also, there are cruises from Southampton next year which are longer than usual, taking in the Med. Not too much travelling in there.

Anyways, outside of budget, a key consideration is time of year. Where's hot and where's not.

Cheerio

Marble
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: