Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - House & Home

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Advice Please

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
movermaybe
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Advice Please

H2B is planning on changing his career to join the guards. I'm delighted for him as it's what he's always wanted to do. He is miserable in his current job and it is starting to get him down and affect his health.
Problem is his good wage of about �600 - �700 per week will fall to �160 per week. Our mortgage is �2,100.00 per month - I cannot afford to pay this myself.
We are considering selling our house and moving to a cheaper house, If we do this we will have leave Dublin and I will have a longer commute to work everyday. I dont mind the commute but I'm dreading the idea of selling my home.

MRS Mad Woman
Ultimate Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

would you get more tax relief, you wages might blanace a bit more that way...are you entitled to FIS?

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Try and negotiate your mortgage maybe extend it to lower the payments, I'm sure your BS or Bank will be able to accomadate you

Bee07
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

GOD your mortgage repayments are really high maybe you could extend your repayments from just 30 year to 35 years so your repayments wont be as much while your H2B is in training and then change it back onces he's settled and working full time again.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ye can you not extend the payments, i know its mad but do another job on the side, i used to do deliveries before made a good bit 80/90 per week

Amberangel
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Contact your bank about extending payment, you H2B will only be training for 18 months ( correct me if I am wrong ) and is guaranteed employment at the end of it all ...the bank should have no problem granting you this. Fair play to him - takes a lot to leave a steady job and move on to what you really want to do... it will all work out in the end!!!

beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I personally feel that it is just a house. I have always said this. If it means that he will be happy and in good health etc it would surely be worth it. Has he done all the entrance exams and physicals and things? He ay not get in. If it is possible i would definately consider asking the bank. tell them your situation. they wont want to loseout on the interest!

butterfly250
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Hey firstly i know exactly how you feel that brick and mortar is your home something you and your husband have put a lot of time and effort into.
Definately go and speak to your bank and see if they can help you in anyway if you get no-where what about remortgaging I know thats a bit radical but alot of banks do interest only where for 3 years you just pay the interest on the mortgage and then after that you start paying the capital I know this might seem a bit radical but at least the payments will be nearly halved and your husband will be back with a good wage after 2 years
I hope this helps
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: