Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Feedback aspirations Dame Lane...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taby_dub
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Feedback aspirations Dame Lane...

I fell in love with my dress (san Patrick Range)

I ordered the dress and was measured the dress cam in and it was way to big around the waist and lenth... So the dress was pulled in (lace up back) so i could be remeasured... Now while the dress was cut to lenth for my second fitting it wasnt taken in at the waist and as i had lost even more weight the v lace up back was getting smaller and i didnt even notice... Was to stressed and thought she was going to take it in when i stopped my diet 2wks before the wedding...

Anyway third fitting 10days before wedding and i have lost the last of my weight the dress was so big that the v lace back was none exsistent it was all together.....

so i presumed she would ajust the dress as required

I collect my dress the tuesday and was getting married friday.....

Friday i open the dress bag and the plastic and there is makeup or something on the bottom of my dress (i hadnt opened the bag and neither had anyone else..) i wasent to worried it was down near the bottom at the front anyway i put on the dress and it was to big...... it kept slipping down all day.

I am really annoyed with the service i got after all i was charge 180 for alterations and have tried to contact asperations but they are closed....

Make sure you check you check your dress as soon as you get it
ronnie21
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

God, Im disgusted.

And for a crowd that ramble on and on about how they are the best, and operating the longest in Dublin, youd think they'd do everything immaculatley.

So sorry to hear that, make sure you contact them as soon as they re-open and give them a piece of your mind. If you thought to take pics of the dress when you received it, then make sure to show them as evidence.

Again, im seriously disgusted with that story, its unacceptable.

I went to Aspirations a while ago (it was my first shop to go to), and I thought the girl in there that was helping me was lovely, so so nice. But the owner was just prancing around telling my uninterested sister how great they are. I DID however, absolutely fall in love with a dress in there.

I rang a few weeks later to ask them the details of the dress - designer and style number etc, to see if I could source the dress in a shop thats nearer to me, or even get to see a pic on the internet. I spoke to the owner again and she was downright rude and said under no circumstances would she give out that information, as she had a 'patent' on her dresses.

I have checked their website and got the list of all the designers they stock, and Ive looked up all their websites on the internet, but still cant manage to find it. If i could find the dress in any other shop, id defo get it elsewhere, simply because I found her so unhelpful and rude. (Must still stress that the other girl working on the day was so down to earth, helpful and pleasant).

Having said all that, if I cant locate the dress anywhere else, and if I still think its the dress for me, Ill have to order from them, which I will be EXTREMELY wary about after your post taby_dub.

Sorry for rambling on, I suppose we just need to be very careful about who we are ordering from. Normally I would always say that word-of-mouth is the best form of advertising there is - Aspirations have done themselves no favours this time.
taby_dub
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Another thing to be careful of is the price of my dress was E1699 in the shop and i thought that included alterations but it doesnt which they told me when i was in the shop ordering the dress...

I could of got my dress from the bridal shop in rathfarnham shopping centre who stock san patrick for 1499 and the reason i dont was because didnt want huge alteration charged added on.

I would'nt recommend then again...
connemara
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

ronnie21 wrote:
God, Im disgusted.

And for a crowd that ramble on and on about how they are the best, and operating the longest in Dublin, youd think they'd do everything immaculatley.

So sorry to hear that, make sure you contact them as soon as they re-open and give them a piece of your mind. If you thought to take pics of the dress when you received it, then make sure to show them as evidence.

Again, im seriously disgusted with that story, its unacceptable.

I went to Aspirations a while ago (it was my first shop to go to), and I thought the girl in there that was helping me was lovely, so so nice. But the owner was just prancing around telling my uninterested sister how great they are. I DID however, absolutely fall in love with a dress in there.

I rang a few weeks later to ask them the details of the dress - designer and style number etc, to see if I could source the dress in a shop thats nearer to me, or even get to see a pic on the internet. I spoke to the owner again and she was downright rude and said under no circumstances would she give out that information, as she had a 'patent' on her dresses.

I have checked their website and got the list of all the designers they stock, and Ive looked up all their websites on the internet, but still cant manage to find it. If i could find the dress in any other shop, id defo get it elsewhere, simply because I found her so unhelpful and rude. (Must still stress that the other girl working on the day was so down to earth, helpful and pleasant).

Having said all that, if I cant locate the dress anywhere else, and if I still think its the dress for me, Ill have to order from them, which I will be EXTREMELY wary about after your post taby_dub.

Sorry for rambling on, I suppose we just need to be very careful about who we are ordering from. Normally I would always say that word-of-mouth is the best form of advertising there is - Aspirations have done themselves no favours this time.

Maybe if you went in again you could have a quick look at the dress and see if the designer name is on it, should be on a little ribbon or written inside the dress! Or ask if they have a photo of the dress in the shop so you can see it on a model and there should be a name towards the bottom of the poster. if you give us a quick description someone might recognise it and help you? I know they stock a lot of rembo dresses, is it one of those? I didn't like the owner when i went in, kept going on about what an expert she is and how there's a 10 month order in period for the dress and blah blah blah,seemed quite hyper!! I bought my rembo dress in a different shop coz i couldn't handle that!!
ronnie21
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for that Connemara!

The thing is, I dont have the time to get back up over the next few weeks - sorting a new house and stuff, and not from Dublin.

Had a look at the Aspirations website and came up with the following:

If you look at their 'collection' page, look at the following 3 dresses:

1/ 3rd row down, 1st dress from left

2/ 5th row down, 5th dress from left

3/ 5th row down, 3rd dress from left

If anyone knows who the designers are for these dresses, that would be a great help - the dress I tried on has elements of these 3 in it. In fact the first dress listed above, is quite like the one I tried on (ONLY from the top up though, the rest of the dress is very similar to the top of it)

Sorry for the slight hijacking of this post :(

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

ronnie will have a look out for number 2 & 3 on the list but number 1 is a Pronovias dress and they have a good few stockists in Ireland.

Go to www.pronovias.com and go to store locators and they will give you a lost of stockists around the country.

Will keep a look out for the others for you.

lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ronnie 21

When I said that it was pronovias dress it is actually specifically a St. Patrick dress I think.

Pronovias are the main designer company and St. Patrick and La Sposa are subsidary companies of theirs. If you go to the above website they have links for St. Patrick and La Sposa on their site.

connemara
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

You're right Luckybride, that first one is definately a Provnovias, sorry but don't recognise the others. What county are you based in? There's a great bridal shop in Arklow called BCoutoure, they have provnovias and rembo, so that might be a help to you, also a bridal shop in Gorey called Eden, they stock loads of designers and are really helpful and give you a two hour appointment. Maybe if you let us know where you can get to easier than we could suggest shops that stock similar? If i'm in town this week i'll have a quick look in Aspirations for you!!
ronnie21
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

Thanks so much Connemara and LuckyBride!!!! I thought I was chancing my arm asking ye to do so much work - Youre so helpful! Ill defo check out the pronovias website today and try my luck!
The dress in question has thick straps like in the above pics, and is fitted until it spreads out abit below the bum! And its very detailed - there are kind od sequins ALL over it. Sounds tacky, and even looks tacky on the hanger, but when they pinned it into me, it looked amazing! Gosh, Im getting all goose-bumpy again! Its a brand new 2007 dress, so I dont actually know if these dresses would be on any website yet.

Maybe Ill just have to swallow my pride and go back to Aspirations :(

PS: Im in the Offaly / Laois / Carlow area, without being too exact!

Thanks again - your help is so so so much appreciated
lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

Ronnie 21

The shops that connemara mentioned in Gorey and Arklow are meant to be quite good. I actually rang the one in Arklow to make an appointment and she sounded really nice. I'm a Wexford girl myself so they would be close to me and I have never heard anything bad about either (but saying that I have not been in either).

Will keep looking for the other two and will post back if I see them. Good luck dress shopping.

peggy
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

It is really annoying, I tried on a rembo dress in there aswell and they gave me a code instead of the name, and I can't find it on the website

They really don't get good reviews , so I'm reluctant to order from them, Oh well I've made appointments for other Rembo stockists hopefully I'll find it in one of them

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

Peggy, Rembo don't show all their dresses on their website so don't fret, it's out there somewhere!
Try Bride 2 Be in Dundalk.....they've recently got the 2007 stock in....

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!

Ive FINALLY managed to get onto the Pronovias website and i think I may have found my DRESS!!!! YAY!!!!!

(Its in the Dream Collection, Page 7, dress called Orange!) YAY!!!!

Ive looked at Pronovias stockists - 1 in Kilkenny that Ive already spoken to. She doesnt have a sample of that dress, but she said that if I try it on again, make up my mind on it, I can certainly order from them! (I told her I didnt particularly want to order from Aspirations)

AND, I asked her the price of the dress and she quoted me a lot less than Aspirations, 1270e VS 1600e!!! Big difference. Plus alterations are only 50 - 100e, compared with 180 in Aspirations.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SHOP AROUND GIRLS!

Thanks for all your help on this one ladies, I cant wait to tell the H2B that if I go for this dress, we have a few extra euro to put towards the band or something!!! Feckin delighted!

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

wow gorgeous dress, congrats on tracking it down elsewhere!

Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

wow missed this when originally posted

i would have written a formal complaint at the very least

i too have ordered from them but have noted all ur words of wisdom and i will check the dress in the shop on the day of leaving and ask for final try on.

Many thanks for the info

and best of luck with finding your dress Ronnie!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: