WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Vendors & Suppliers

For Professional DJs Nationwide

Beverly Hills Bride - Castlebar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutumnMrs
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Beverly Hills Bride - Castlebar

Hi,

Just back from the most horrible dress shopping experience.
Here are a sample of a few of the comments....

"Girl of your shape / size wont find a dress to fit you in here.... you'll just have to imagine how they will look."

"Every other girl liked that dress."

"Where did you get your accent from?"

"Veils dont really suit you."

"You've broken the zip...... shit you've broken the zip..."

She went on to name people i knew who had bought their dress there, and to praise their figures and to tell me how easy they found it to fit into every dress.

I suggest anyone who is feeling a little too good about their appearance should take a trip in there..... just to bring you back down to earth.

Junebride2007
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Holy Crap!!

You poor thing..

I rang them up to make a booking for looking for dresses!! She told me I was in fact too late to get my dress from them. WTF (This would have been 9 months before).. Anyways. Needless to say, i did not make a booking.

Who needs that attitude..

BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I am so surprised to read that report AutumnMrs.. I bought my dress from them in Aug and I couldn't say enough nice things about them. I thought that they were so lovely to deal with. The first time I was there it was the owner who looked after me, I thought she was a really lovely lady, when I went back the second time it was a younger shop assistant and she was so sound! Bought my La Sposa dress from them and my veil

I live in the Midlands and I asked them to post my veil up to me for my hair trials and they did no bother.
Really sorry to hear you had such a bad experience! Takes the good out of the whole thing. I thought they were really lovely though.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I went there too but I found it too busy for me, brides everywhere. I wonder if maybe you just had a really bad sales assistant? They were alright when I was there, it was more the layout and the amount of customers at one time that got to me. They have some very unusual dresses there though if that's what you're looking for.

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

yeah I had a bad experience there aswell. we were about 10 minutes late for our appointment as it took us at least a half hour to find the place and people kept sending us to the wrong places. anyway i tried on some I liked and one I did not like at all. we put it on and i walked out and my mum said no and i said no and we went back in and she told me it was a waste of time walking out in dresses i didn;t like and not to do it again. she picked one she liked and it was quite nice but she kept going on and on about it and I though she was very pushy. then after I had tried on about four dresses she told me we were in a rush as I was eating into her lunch break. why the hell did they give me an appointment in the first place then. I left in disgust

hunky_dorey
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

oh god, what a bitch - that's awful
Chi Chi McG
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Oh my God! I was actually going to go there sometime before Christmas (its the nearest bridal shop to me) to try out some dresses to see what might suit me....they obviously won't have anything to fit me then! Talk about broken zips? More like ripped seams! What a b*tch! Thanks for the warning...

rady
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I ABSULUTELY hated that shop.as soon as i went in the door the woman was watching the clock and telling me they were sooo booked up i felt under pressure straight away. and was nearly apologetic about trying on a few dresses . never again i bought mine in elegant touch in Ballina - found them great !!
AutumnMrs
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Elegant Touch was great, really helpful staff and beautiful dresses. Would highly recommend them!!

kazh
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

Hi guys

once again I would echo the others comments, I wopuldn't go there ever!!
I had my dress but was trying to sort my BM's ( two live in England like me, and two are in Eire) however we were all over at the same time in the summer. So to cut long story down as I knew everyone was going to be there I rang up to book an appointment for us a couple of months in advance and the women said that I was being too organised. i explained my situation and she just laughed at me and said I would have to ring again. Needless to say I didn't and went through to Lorren bridal in ballinlough and quite frankley I cannot praise them enough. We had everything sorted within an hour there, and she is lovely!!!

BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

still shocked by all the comments! Saying that when I was there, there was an older lady dealing with a bride and my sister said she was glad I wasn't dealing with her as she was seemingly quite rude to the bride. something to do with a dress not suiting her... wonder if this is the lady ye had problems with!
If I had read these comments before I went I would never have gone, it was so far for me to travel.

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

I decided to go to beverly hills bridal to see what they had as i had heard so much about them..we were a tiny bit late as it is not an easy shop to find firstly.. we were dealing with a young member of staff who wasnt very experienced and kept having to ask other members of staff different things, i didnt really like there range of dresses personally, there was one member of staff there an older lady who came across very rude, she kept staring at us while we were looking through the dresses, with each dresses i tried on i had to rely on my mothers opinion as the girls working there were no help in that department, she made no comment at all, which i did not feel very confident about, the one dress i actually liked was a bit big for me in the chest and hips and i was told that "that is the size dress i would need, i couldnt go any smaller" so if i bought that dress for �1200 i would then have to pay up to �200 or more for alterations.. also it takes 5-6months to get there dresses in and 2months for alterations.. i wanted my bridesmaid to try on a few dresses while we had made the journey up but firstly there was only one girl helping us even though there was three working there, and by the time the girl had finished helping me the hour was up and they are strict on the hour, so my bridesmaid could not try on any dresses at all after her coming with us to try on dresses.. i just did not find them helpful at all, and a woman came in enquiring about wedding dresses and appointments and the older lady was quite rude to her i felt embarassed for the woman...
luvlylili
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

i decided after that to drive to the bridal shop in roscommon and have a look in the new bridal shop up there ULTIMATE BRIDE, but unfortunatley it was 5.30 by the time i arrived and the bridal suite was in use so we just looked through the bridesmaids collection which are fab, modern, i loved them.. the girls were lovely to deal with i have to say they asked would i like to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses and i did.. so three weeks later i went up to roscommon again, myself, my mum,aunt, and 2 bridesmaids, they were lovely, i was late myself and when i arrived the staff just laughed and joked, they offered us all tea coffee or a mineral and there was chocolates left on the table, they had a great selection of dresses and the girl helpin me was excellent, she gave her opinion and complimented me whenever she could, i felt so relaxed there, my appointment was for an hour and a half, i tried on one dress i feel in love with, but decided to go home and think about after i finished trying on my dress we went downstairs and started picking out bridesmaid dresses, i had my heart set on a certain dress there but unfortunatly it did not suit one of my bridesmaids i got a lil upset but the girls were great, i finally got the dresses i liked for my bridesmaids, i went home and couldnt get the dress out of my head so made another appointment, i went back up tried on the dress and knew it was the one, i was dealing with a girl called vanessa this time she was absolutley fab to deal with, in everyway also a the owner of the shop niamh was helping to and they were just excellent to deal with i have to say, and then they told me because i was buying all my dresses there that they give a compimentary flower girl dress, i would highly highly highly recommend any bride looking for there dress to go there they are excellent, there shop is brand new, the bridal suite is fab, lush red carpet, big cream corner couch, its well worth it..
vb
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Hi all, found beverly hills in castlebar only ok to deal with, the sales assistant didnt even comment on the dresses I tried on, except for one priced at over 4K, which she was practically forcing me to buy! As for elegant touch in ballina, found them excellent to deal with, no pressure to buy and very honest with their comments! The only thing I will say about them is they seem to charge a little over the norm for their dresses, just something to keep in mind!
rady
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject:

I had heard that elegant touch was a bit more pricey than other shops but I priced a Linea raffaelli dress there, and it was the same price in other bridal shops i asked in. I bought my dress there and even if the particular one i bought is cheaper somewhere else ( i didnt check )- i just went for it as elegant touch is handy for me in that the dress is there when i head down west. just my own view .
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: