Beverly Hills Bride - Castlebar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Vendors & Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bring it on Aug 07
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Have to say went ot Beverly Hills Bride last sat and had a briiliant experience. I was ten minutes late for my appointment, the girl went thru every single dress on the rack to see which ones i liked and brought in about eight dresses for me to try on. She was absolutly brilliant, and took note of all the dresses i liked for reference for when i go back again with my mum.
I didn't expect to find my dress there, just went in with my cousin to be nosy more than anything as i am from Dublin and have gone to many shops in Dublin and got no where near as good service as i recevied from Darrina in Beverly Hills. Even after my hour was up i was still trying on dresses and then we were matching bridesmaids dresses to my dress i liked. And she went thru what colours we could have with the dress and what styles. She couldn't have been more helpful and would def get my dress there.
We weren't rushed at all and everyone was lovely and friendly.

Bugsby
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

A friend of mine had a terrible experience with Beverly Hills. They were nice and everything went fine and she ordered her dress. The sales assistant wrote down the wrong name of the dress when ordering it and so when she went to get her dress it was not only the wrong one but it didn't fit her at all. She tried arguing with them and they would not take any blame and reckoned it was the dress she had tried on even though it was way too big for her. The unfortunate thing was that she had paid for her dress in full and the dress arrived 2 weeks before her wedding so she was very upset and said that it was more upsetting that they denied it in the shop and were backing each other up in there. Anyhow she ended up having to get the dress altered. The dressmaker was shocked and asked her why she ordered such a big size and she explained what happened but when she heard she didn't want to know either as she works for the shop. The front of the dress was very low and the dressmaker had to add in a piece of material. This bit of material didn't fit in with the lacey dress and it looked 'wrong'. Bad enough not to get the dress you wanted but then she had to pay for all alterations. I'm staying away from that place. The least they could have done was admit the mistake and offer to pay for alterations.
daisyfay
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi Girls,

My sister(bride to be) and I went to Beverly hill brides also. We were given tags when we went in to put on 5 dresses which she liked. My sister asked a question about the dreses on the right rail inside the door, and she kinda snapped at her and asked was she not listening when she explained about them already.!! Each dress she put on was fab according to them, but in my opinion they wer only ok. We had seen a nice dress on their website before we went aswell and asked the owner i think it was if they had that dress, but she said she didnt know and wud have to look up the website, but she wasnt doing it then. And while my sister was trying on her dress, one of the sales Ladys would walk in and out of the main area, and look herself up and down in the mirror. She wasnt a bit helpful. Now the girl that was looking after us was a young girl/Lady, and while i gather she was not experienced in bridal, she was quite nice all the same.

We then made an appointment for Dinnagh Modes in Castlerea. Cannot highly recommend there. We were dealing with Pamela, and she does not push you into buying or a thing. She tells you what will suit you according to your shape, and while you pick out dresses, she will pick some out for you also. When u see them on the hanger you think no way, but its a total different story when on. But she told her not to choose straight away if she wasnt sure and to go and have a look at some other bridal shops, and she will know what she wants herself. She needless to say we ended up getting the dress there, and she is making the 2 bridesmaids dresses and the flowergirls dresses.
Dinagh Modes 094-9620216
Butterfly06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I got my dress in Elegant Touch in Ballina. They are so nice and accomadating in there, couldn't fault them. And jusy to echo Bring it on Aug 07 comment on Darina in Beverly Hills Bride, I've met Darina and she is very helpful. Maybe brides going there could ask for her when making the booking?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: