Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

Italy & Malta Honeymoon in May any advice!!!!!!

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolly Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Italy & Malta Honeymoon in May any advice!!!!!!

Hey All,

Trying to organise our honeymoon and firstly it was Egypt but will be to hot for us at that time of year so thats out of the question and h2b wont fly that far so are limited in where to go!!!!

So we are looking at hearding to Italy and then onto Malta so if anyone had any advice on where to go and book it would be much appreciated.

Honeymoon is in May!!!
montblanc
New Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm not much help, but i was in florence in late april before and it was really beautiful, near tuscany and you can visit lucca and sienna. The crowds in july and august are awful so may is the perfect time for italy i would say and the weather is really nice.
I just got a flight to pisa and took the train.
Not much help, sorry!
ChloeOct06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

just back from honeymoon in malta (end of october)
absolutley loved it

stay at the Hilton Malta in St Julians, tell them it's your honeymoon , we got free upgrade.
EHRK
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

We are going to Italy and Greece for our honeymoon in May next year we are going to Lake Garda, it is supposed to be very romantic and beautiful there. There are lots of places to see and go whilst there and there are supposed to be some fabulous spa's for some extra special relaxation.
lippy
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

This is my first post so just some general info for you. The hotel in St. Julians already mentioned is really beautiful plus I saw ads somewhere for spa hotels, so just ask any travel agent but be sure to specify what type of resort you want. We stayed in Quawra near Bugibba and it was quiet for nightlife. Malta tends to get a lot of Italians on holiday and they prefer drinking wine in restaurants as opposed to pubs, there were no Irish bars in our resort. You can also take a day trip to Sicily (we didn't as it was August and too hot), but we did go to the neighbouring island of Gozo, which was beautiful. If you get the chance, head to the capital Valetta, great shops and a lovely marina with restaurants, one day out won't do it justice. Hope this gives you a few pointers!
Mrs Dtb
Royal Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

If you're going to Malta I would definitely reccomend St Julian's.
As Chloe said above the Hilton is a fabulous hotel as is The Westin Dragonara. The Westin is very cosy and romantic and definitely make sure you say you're on honeymoon.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: