Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

Anyone ever been to Cancun??

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridespark
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone ever been to Cancun??

Hi All,

I a looking for some honeymoon help. My better half and I would love to go to Cancun for our honeymoon in August. Just abit worried about weather and bugs (I hate creepy crawleys).

Any outstanding hotels?

Any reports would be much appreciated
Kerry2
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Cancun

We have just booked our honeymoon for Cancun for next July.
We are staying in the Moon Palace resort, it is a bit outside Cancun, but it is a 5 star all inclusive resort (all you can eat and drink!) and we're a bit happier to be a bit outside Cancun.
It looks amazing, so we cant wait. The hotel run a free shuttle bus service into cancun aswell.
hope this helps a bit
bridespark
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Cancun

Hi Kerry2. Yes that is the resort we looked at. It seems fab and everyone on here is talking about it. I am going honeymoon shopping tomorrow so I will let you know what the travel agents have to say about it. Hopefully some of them have been

MrsRed
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi Bridespark

We went to the Moon Palace for our honeymoon and it is gorgeous, just don't bother with the honeymoon dinner they put on for newly weds, its cringy and you really don't need it. You can eat and drink to your heart's content, the food is amazing and the staff can't do enuf for you. They have a spa which I never went to but I did go to their beauty salon and it was great, the massages are lovely.
However I would encourage you to go on trips to see the mexican sights, they are really worth it!
Enjoy
BirthdayBrideMarch
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

We are going to the Moon Palace as part of our honeymoon in March. I have heard some fantastic reports about it. It's supposed to be utter luxury! Can't wait!

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Moon Palace

Hi MrsRed,

Thanks for that. I went to Tropical places travel agents in Dublin on Friday. One of the girls there had been to the Moon palace earlier in the year. She was quite nice but it was hard to get a straight answer, she is trying to sell the place after all.

I am just a bit worried about what the weather will be like there in August, she said there would be a risk that it could get hit by a hurricane

Did you think it was worth the money. It will cost us almost �6K for 2 weeks so it is pretty expensive. I was sold on the Jacuzzi in the room thou

Did you find the place slightly dated or did you think wow when you walked through the front door?

MrsRed
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Hi bridespark

Its lovely when u walk in, very impressive lobby, very big, the restaurants are fab, food is amazing and the drink is endless! Pools are big, very clean & well kept, they keep the place going with shows & entertainment which you can participate in or not as you choose.
Don't get carried away with the jacuzzi in the room, its very big but looks kinda odd sitting in the middle of the room!! The maids arrange the towels in the shape of swans etc and put little flowers around it each time they clean! You can also take the free shuttle bus down into Cancun and as long as you have your wristbands you can call into the other Palace Resorts hotel in Cancun and eat & drink for free too!

Re the price, ours was about 6k too and we had 8 days in the Moon Palace and a 5 day tour of the sights (from the Kuoni website). If you're just staying in the Moon Palace for the two weeks for 6k I would say its a bit pricey to be honest. Also unless you're big into sunbathing, then 14 days in the Moon Palace may be a bit long. Depends on what you're in to.

Hope that answers your questions but if not just PM me!
Lady Penelope
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

We booked the moon palace too for July. Got a week there plus 4 nights vegas and 4 new york for �5800. Re the hurricane there is probably more chances of it not happening to be honest. It is rainy season though but from what Ive heard that means quick showers on and off. Twohigs Travel were quite good price wise.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: