Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - House & Home

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Which House alarm to go for? Eircom Phonewatch??

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Which House alarm to go for? Eircom Phonewatch??

Just wondering if Eircom Phonewatch is a good system? My parents had it in their old house and much preferred it to the new service they have that is run by a smaller private company and is much more expensive.

We need to get an alarm fitted and I really dont know which way to go!

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

We're with a company called AMS, they're based in Citywest but cover the entire country. Never had any problems, neighbours are with Eircom. They have come home to their alarm going off without receiving a call from Eircom. I think our annual rate is about 140 Euro.

Hope this helps!

Bride08
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks - I will check them out!

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I have eircom phonewatch and i just think it is great!

Johanna
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

A work colleague had to cancel her Eircom phonewatch. She was being woken up in the middle of the night at least once a week by the eircom phone watch people saying her alarm was going off and was there a problem. She eventually discovered that the sensors are so sensitive that spiders or insects crawling through them were setting the alarm off. Also she had them not calling her when the alarm did go off, several times, during the day time, when it could have been a genuine break in. Also t

She just got so sick of the broken sleep and the messing around with them. There is a whole section on askaboutmoney.com about the pros and cons of eircom. My colleague's experiences put me off getting one, I have Retech (John Reid), no problems, very reasonable and the man in question is a gentleman, was recommended to me by four people who have his alarms.
MrsFi
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

I have also heard of a place called direct secure they fit an extra box when installing your alarm and it texts you when the alarm is going off (im sure there is more to it) but it might be one more for you to look into

HTH
Fi

Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

www.networksecurity.ie

try these guys saw them at ideal homes they are Eircoms biggest competition! 1k to fit and install and all the bits 1st yr covered by maintan and then 150 every year after.

best of luck let us know how u get on

What does Eircom charge just out of interest to peg the 2 against each other

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: