Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

disposable cameras
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niamhie wonder
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: disposable cameras

Is having a disposable camera on each table a waste? A friend did it at her wedding and said that the photos were rubbish. Any advice girls???

PrincessBride_07
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

hmmmm my sis had them at hers and the kids just ran around with them all night and wasted the pics, I'd say if you weren't 100% sure put on one every second table or whatever, or buy a couple to give to friends, relatives etc who won't mind going around taking a few pics - make sure to remember to collect them at the end of the night though!
Ginger Nut
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

we put out about 30 cameras (or at least my uncle did) - we got 10 back and only about 50% of the pics on any camera are any use. The others are too dark, too far away etc.
that said some of the pics that did come out were great - but an expensive way of getting them!

vb
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Have to agree with the other girls, we had about 15 disposables and only got 5 back, photos are rubbish and of the 5 we got back some had only 10 or 12 photos taken! It was a total waste of money!
lou gav
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject:

We were told to stay away from them for all the above reasons. So I asked cousins aunts and friends for the neg. or disk of their pic's so we could get copies. we have a hugh selection now.

Mrs NoDateYet
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

We bought the Argos wedding camera box - 9 cameras, and cards to put on the tables and the photos we got back were amazing and I would strongly recommend doing it!
western
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I think cameras are probably a waste considering how many people have good digital camera nowadays and usually share their pictures. However, we bought extremely cheap disposable cameras just for the children at the wedding. They had great fun with them and it kept them occupied while they were waiting on the meal being served. I've no plans to develop them but for the sake of �20 it was well worth it and they felt like they had been given a present.
ChloeOct06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

i had a polaroid camera guest book and that was brilliant.. the first few photos were a bit rubbish but as they were coming out straightaway people kind of copped on and then took some proper photos
beanies girl
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

SIL had them at her wedding in sept. Most the pictures were really good and she is delighted with them. She got all the cameras back!

Maniemoo
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

ChloeOct06 where did you get the 'polaroid camera guest book'? Or do you mean you just sent a polaroid camera round with your guest book?? I'd love to do something like that.
ChloeOct06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Maniemoo wrote:
ChloeOct06 where did you get the 'polaroid camera guest book'? Or do you mean you just sent a polaroid camera round with your guest book?? I'd love to do something like that.

www.instantforever.com

went down a treat.. probably the best money we spent
sbmd06
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

After readign many q's on WOL before our wedding, we decided against the disposable cameras. But now I wish we had had them as we have seen very few pictures so far. Chloe06 idea of Polaroid is great. Why didn't I think of that

Lord, if I can't be skinny, please make my friends look fat. Amen
Maniemoo
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
www.instantforever.com

went down a treat.. probably the best money we spent

Thanks a mill for that, will check out the website.
Maniemoo
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm I've had a look at instantforever.com and I'm confused. Maybe I'm being totally thick here but it's just a photo album right? As in, you still have to buy a Polaroid camera to send around with it??

Chloe if I've got that right, did you find a Polaroid camera somewhere that wasn't too expensive? I don't think I'd pass an expensive camera around at a wedding...would probably end up in bits on the floor or something!
ChloeOct06
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

it's a guest book and photo album

the camera was as cheap there as anywhere, i know someone on here went to ebay and we bought extra film online.

we gave the guestbook and camera to two people, they go and get a group in photo and while the photo develops the group of people sign the guest book. then when photo develops it's slotted in to guestbook.

so you've got a page with photo of the group and their messages above it
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: