Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

PLEASE HELP- Hotels in Los Angeles

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedn07
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP- Hotels in Los Angeles

Can some one please recommend a hotel in LA. Friends have told me stay in Venice Beach-Santa Monica, said nice area and good restaurants. Travel agents have told me no nice hotels there and the 3 stars cost a fortune.

Travel agent recommended Beverly Hills but told me afterwards when I suggested Venice Beach that restaurants around Beverly Hills could cost 250 per person for a meal (just because I want a nice hotel for my honeymoon doesn't mean I have won the lotto) and said maybe it wouldn't be a great area. Then suggested Anaheim, its 50 mins from the city centre.

I want a nice hotel in a good location.

PLEASE HELP
BingoWings
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Santa Monica is a good area to start. I spent most of last summer in LA staying in a hotels and found that alot of the hotels are fairly standard - standard being that they're kinda like Jurys Inns but have pools, gyms etc.

There are a number of fancy hotels (like The Wilshire on Hollywood boulevard ..pretty woman hotel) that'd be 5*, and a number of boutique hotels have started cropping up.

The basic rule is, the closer you are to the beach, the most expensive the accom becomes.

*Some* restaurant do charge alot, but like anywhere theres loads of choice and 250 is definately not the norm!! You can have a great meal for two for $40/50!

Around 3rd street prom in Santa Monica is a lively area to be close to. Its within walking distance of the pier which has a fun fair and stalls on it, and you can rent bikes to cycle down to Muscle beach etc

If i recall correctly, Aneheim is where Disney and Paramount are. Its inland from the beach.

Whatever you do, make sure you rent a car! Very important in LA - its vast! When you're flying in, you're fly for 20/30 mins over the suburbs before you come close to the airport!!!

All in, I'd say LA is a very interesting place, but if I had a 2 week honey moon, I wouldn't spend more than 3 maybe 4 days there to do the sights like Graussmans theatre, the beaches, etc etc....

Remember, Vegas is only a 4 hour drive away!

PM me if you've any questions

I have a guide book here somewhere, that i'll dig out for hotel recommendations
BingoWings
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Can't find the book right now, but another area to look for accom would be Hermosa Beach - a bit like Santa Monice, but alot less touristy so better value
Jarashow
Mini Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Cheers for the tip Bingo. I have been looking at Santa Monica and it's quite pricey... will check out your suggestion now !

katelan
New Wolly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi we're spending the first five nights of our honeymoon in la we're staying in santa monica in the huntley hotel it's very near the beach and not a bad price either i think it;s 500 for the five nites. and its a 3.5 star hotel. the lowes is another hotel in santa monica four star it is pricer but lovely. We decided to break out for our last week we'll be in vegas and we're staying in the bellagio it's sooo much cheaper to book it your self than through a travel agent if your going to vegas it's worth looking into.
Katelan
Decemberbride
Royal Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject:

we planning on doing this too

Def want to stay here....

http://www.chateaumarmont.com/

mostly because Zepplin stayed there amoung others!!! Its my must do place to stay for the Hm very excited indeed about that one

Jarashow
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

Katelan, when are you going there ? I just looked at their website and no matter what dates I but in there is no availability. Did you book via the website ?

alibride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

hey
we stayed in doubletree guest suites - booked through trailfinders
it was in santa monica 3 blocks from venice beach and just off highway 1 - perfect for us as we were driving!!
lovely hotel - hot tub was great

katelan
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

Hey Jarashow,
We're going the end of feb, and we did book it through the net. Did you try looking around in www.tripadvisor.com it's great for giving reviews of hotels from people who have stayed there so that you actually know the truth about the hotel. It will also give you a listing of all the hotels in the different areas. Don't know if thats much help. Have you tried the travel agent i actually got two of our hotels for the trip with them because they were cheaper than anything i could get on the net, and anything i could do cheaper on the net i booked myself. somebody on a trip advisor post suggested to me that i could do better again if i actually rang the hotel direct. But was happy enough with what i got so didn't bother.
katelan
Jarashow
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Thanks Katelen.

Always check tripadvisor, I swear by it, great for the researching.

Alibride
Quote:
we stayed in doubletree guest suites
was it nice ? Looks like you can get a good price there, was there a lot of noise from the freeway ? Was it a safe area ? How long did you stay there ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to start pricing stuff for the budget !

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: