Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - House & Home

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Deck vs patio?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Deck or patio?
Deck
 40%  [ 11 ]
Patio
 59%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 27

Bearfoot
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I just love the look of Decking, but on the advice of my Future father in law, (he's in the business) I would definitely go for a patio. He warned me about the decking attracting rats, if it's not installed properly, not to mention it's fairly high maintenance and it's a major slip hazard in wet weather. Having said that, I think if you do decide on a patio, then you have to be very careful what type of tiles you choose, otherwise it can look very clinical. If you have enough money to buy decent tiles, then a patio can look amazing. It's really a personal choice though!

Christmas B
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I think the decking looks great but it's the maintenance that would sway me towards the patio!!

BarbadosBride
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

A word of warning I have had trouble with mice under my decking...it provides shelter for them in the winter.. I wouldnt recommend anyone to have it near the house. Im going to take mine up and put down an Indian Sandstone Circle instead.
Amberangel
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Patio for me - H2B wanted Decking but think patio will suit our house more...and definitely if Decking can be harbouring ground for mice...my pet hate!!! arrgh

sbmd06
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Defo patio for me. We have both, a small deck just outside the back door and an Indian Sandstone Circular patio in the middle of the garden. The decking is very slippy now and will probably get slimy too, so if you can go for the patio, but pick some nice stone, York or Sandstone is lovely and spend some time on the right design for you. I would probably have gone a little bigger on the patio to allow for bigger furniture! It helped that a family member did it all for us for cost

Lord, if I can't be skinny, please make my friends look fat. Amen
lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Definitely decking for me, have a large decking area at the back of my house and love it.

I love timber though so it depends, and maintance wouldn't bother me as when we bought a really old house I had all new double glazed teak sliding sash windows made for the house to match the 80 yr old one. I just love the look and smell of good wood.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> House & Home All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: