WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - The Honeymoon

For all your honeymoon needs

Sorrento/Amalfi Coast

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
choco
New Wolly

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Sorrento/Amalfi Coast

Thinking of heading to Sorrento/Amalfi for 1 week honeymoon in August next year - peak summer season I know, but that's life...

Can anyone recommend really nice hotels in the area - as we're only going for one week, I'm prepared to splash out!

And has anyone done a DIY honeymoon to the area - ie booked it online themselves, or are we really better going with tour operator?

thanks!
married06
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Hi, we got married late July this yr and went to a lovely little town called Praiano which is just south of Positano, we stayed in the Tramonto D'oro Hotel - www.hoteltramontodoro.it I think. Really enjoyed it and wished we'd been staying longer (only stayed 3 days and went to Tuscany/Lake Garda after that). Driving round there was hairy though, roads are v windy and busy, if we were going again we'd fly into Naples, get a bus or something down to Praiano and just hire scooters at the village by the day. hope this helps!
groovee
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I second married06. I stayed in that hotel and it is goreous and in such a lovely spot.
I also recommend visiting Ischia - an island off the Amalfi Coast. Capri is nearby but is too expensive and touristy. Ischia is where all the Italians holiday and is lovely and relaxing.You can get a ferry from Sorrento or Naples.
thumper
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

sorry to hijack post choco but we are also thinking the same for our honeymoon in august!!!- and we've only a week as well. ive heard such amazing things about the amalfi coast- esp. positano. i'll let you know any info i find out as im on the hunt at the moment :)

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> The Honeymoon All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: