Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Relationships

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

opinons required
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonn
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: opinons required

how would you feel if your DH came home after a night out without his wedding ring on. How would you react?
Gina1
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

honestly I would be suspicious...he might have a valid excuse but I have never taken off my ring why on earth would he need to......
charli
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

i would sure be mad
though i do trust my Hubby so i am sure he would have a reasonable explanation - though what, i can't even think of now!

my Hubby is a chemist and works with chemicals and doesn't wear his ring all the time which is understandable - it could be damaged but after a night out i would be annoyed and want an explanation

what explanation did he give you?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

Well it would depend where the ring was and why I suppose??

My dh hardly ever wears his, I slag him if hes off out with the lads, saying he's not going anywhere without his ring, but I know it annoys him (the ring on his finger I mean), so thats fine.
dizzy wannabe
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

If he went out wearing the ring, and came home with it in his pocket, I'd be suspicious, honestly. What caused him to take it off during the night? Unless it's a very loose ring that he was scared of loosing, I don't think there's any excuse for it.

Did you ask him why he wasn't wearing it?

Snove
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

It could be innocent. Depends on the circumstances and if he usually always wears it

anonn
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

happened once. I was so angry. He doesn't wear it to work which is fine. He leaves it either at home or in the car. He wears it other than that. Yes thing ring is loose and I have said we should get it made smaller. Excuse the first time was the lads were trying it on and he just put it in his pocket afterwards.
to me you only take it off if you don't want people to know your married.
He said to me you don't believe me and I said I do but it's a lame excuse.
However last night he came home again with it off. He went down to get a drink and it was on when he came back to bed.
I told him the first time it upset me. Do I say it again tonight?
dizzy wannabe
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

If it's going to eat you up, then say it straight out to him. Don't accuse him, just ask him why it was off. It could be something very innocent.

Are you married long? Could it be that he's still not used to wearing his ring? A friend of mine kept loosing his ring cos he kept taking it off and fiddling with it (spinning it around on tables etc) cos he takes it off during the day for work and only wears it in the evenings, so it took him a long time to get used to wearing it.

Mistified
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

anonn wrote:
happened once. I was so angry. He doesn't wear it to work which is fine. He leaves it either at home or in the car. He wears it other than that. Yes thing ring is loose and I have said we should get it made smaller. Excuse the first time was the lads were trying it on and he just put it in his pocket afterwards.
to me you only take it off if you don't want people to know your married.
He said to me you don't believe me and I said I do but it's a lame excuse.
However last night he came home again with it off. He went down to get a drink and it was on when he came back to bed.
I told him the first time it upset me. Do I say it again tonight?

The lads were trying it on?? Sounds a bit far fetched to me I'm afraid.
Joleigh
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

I'd believe it if girls were trying on a ring but not blokes! Dont want to worry you but I would be very sus and I wouldnt let it go.

Skippy
Mini Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be worried at all. But there is obviously something else that is making you so paranoid. You should question him if it worries you. No point in keeping it bottled up.
pluppy
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

honestly i do not like excuse he gave you, i wouldnt like it

Clucky
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

he would be straight back out the door

there is no excuse for that unless its at work - on a night out no way i dont care how loose it is

Holly
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Skippy, it wouldn't bother me in the least, but you obviously have some other reason not to trust him......
Jenny0305
New Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I have to say I have no reason not to trust my husband but if he came home without a wedding ring I would be pissed off can't think of any reason why he would take it off, I would ask him again tonight for sure just to clarify but it would get me thinking.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Relationships All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: