Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - WOL Entertainment

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Ceceila Aherns new book
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glittergal
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Ceceila Aherns new book

Is anyone else reading her new book called a place called here. It is absolutely fab. I never thought I would like her stuff but I cant wait to get home now to finish it. I only started it on Sat and will finish it tonight.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I have it since the weekend too and will be starting it this week sometime (when I get a chance!!) - I loved her first book, didnt really like the second one (with the imaginary friend called Luke!!) so am eagerly awaiting the outcome of this one!!

You have me wanting to go home now to read it!!

(Anything to get of here today!!)..............

Clucky
Royal Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

i loved her first one hated the next 2 and i am afraid to get the new one

MRS Mad Woman
Ultimate Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

its very good, I read it in 3 days couldnt put it down.

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I read a review of it and it sounds really different, I might have a read of it.

God I can't believe I just said that!

All brides are beautiful - Tony Soprano
Cocoa
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm a bit like you Clucky.

Read her first one and was so disappointed by her 2nd one that I am a bit sceptical about getting her new one.

Still it seems to be getting good reviews so maybe I could be persuaded to get it.

Mrs E
Major Wolly

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

didn't know she had a new one, must add it to xmas list loved her other books

Glittergal
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

I started reading is Sat night and finished it last night. Its brill. I highly recommend it. Heat magazine gave it 5 stars and said it was brill also thats why I bought it in the first place.

Anyone recommend any others. I was in Easons in Dundrum on Sunday and all the new releases was full of biogrophies of people that surely arent even old enough to have one yet Chantelle for instance. WTF?

I def dont want to read one of those

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Glittergal wrote:
I started reading is Sat night and finished it last night. Its brill. I highly recommend it. Heat magazine gave it 5 stars and said it was brill also thats why I bought it in the first place.

Anyone recommend any others. I was in Easons in Dundrum on Sunday and all the new releases was full of biogrophies of people that surely arent even old enough to have one yet Chantelle for instance. WTF?

I def dont want to read one of those

get the 2 for 1 offer on Anna Dillon - read the Affair first then The COnsequences - 2 of the best books i have read in years

and anything by Melissa Hill is excellent

strawberry shortcake
Royal Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

read her first two thought they were fab, bought thrid just couldnt get into it still sitting on locker so wont be buying 4th

Jessica Rabbit
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I think she writes badly but having said that I enjoyed the first one and really enjoyed the last one as well. Bad writing but great story that really draws you in. I read it in one go!
dancing queen
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm reading a place called here at the minute too, not too far in and struggling to get into it.. her first two books were brilliant but the last two are nothing near as good. does it get any better? finding it a bit weird!
Jarashow
Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Love her books, really enjoyed all of them.... got so into them that when I was reading the first one I was sitting by a pool bawling my eyes out ('m a very emitional person)

Haven't go this one yet, but have dropped hints for Christmas.

Glittergal
Royal Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm reading a place called here at the minute too, not too far in and struggling to get into it.. her first two books were brilliant but the last two are nothing near as good. does it get any better? finding it a bit weird!

I thought it was a bit wierd at first, a bit over imaginative but then the more I read the more I wanted to read. Its really good. When I read the back of the book I thought what a load of garbage but I bought it because of the reviews it got. I dont regret it.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

I received a copy of PS I Love You for xmas last year. Chick-lit really isn't my thing, but I gave it a go to see what all the hype was about. I was amazed at how truly awful it was. The prose is so stilted, and the story line is 100% spoon fed to you with no subtlety at all (not surprising that Hollywood have taken it on then). The writing style reminded me of a Mills and Boon novel. After 3 chapters I had laughed as much as I could, and it took pride of place in the window of the local charity shop.

Is it the storylines you love girls? I am just curious, as it can't be the quality of writing...

By the way I am not a literary snob. While I do read a lot of literature, I am no stranger to the odd page-turning beach read either, but Ms. Ahern is no Maeve Binchy.....

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: