Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - WOL Entertainment

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Ceceila Aherns new book
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clucky
Royal Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

Nantes wrote:
I received a copy of PS I Love You for xmas last year. Chick-lit really isn't my thing, but I gave it a go to see what all the hype was about. I was amazed at how truly awful it was. The prose is so stilted, and the story line is 100% spoon fed to you with no subtlety at all (not surprising that Hollywood have taken it on then). The writing style reminded me of a Mills and Boon novel. After 3 chapters I had laughed as much as I could, and it took pride of place in the window of the local charity shop.

Is it the storylines you love girls? I am just curious, as it can't be the quality of writing...

By the way I am not a literary snob. While I do read a lot of literature, I am no stranger to the odd page-turning beach read either, but Ms. Ahern is no Maeve Binchy.....

it was the storyline of the first one i loved

the writing only gets worse in the next 2 nantes and they dont even have the good storyline to balance that out

just awful - god love her

Aylala
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

I havent read PS, read the next one which was done in email style - completely wrecked my head and said I would never buy another one but H2B bought me the new one last night so might give it a go at the weekend

Jarashow
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

It's the stories... suppose it depends on how sucked in you get, I get really into any book or film or tv program to the point that I feel their emotion, also, putting yourself in the persons shoes also helps.

Must agree it's very basic writing, if I wanted great literature I would go somewhere else.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> WOL Entertainment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: