Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

New Name ( & Kids)

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evey
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: New Name ( & Kids)

Girls

I'm getting married next year to the man of my dreams.. I have a child from a previois relationship his name is x?> and my surname. So i don't think i'll take H2B's surname (he's ok with this)

Is anyone else in this messy situation
sniggywig
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm not in this situation but would you not consider a double barreled name. I'm not a fan of these two surname names but in this instance i wouldn't see anything wrong with it. You could keep your surname and your child can keep their surname but it just means that you will be adding your h2b's surname to your own. I think that would mean a lot to him too even though he doesn't mind. In the end the descision is up to you and only you can decide. Try not to get bogged down in the politics of name changing and just enjoy your big day. Good luck. x

Mini Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes I am, Me and my 12 year old have same surname but my H2B and 2 year old have same name so if I take his name my son will be the only one in the house with his surname.
I dont know if it will bother him but I will feel bad it. Not sure it is a tricky one isn't it?

hubble
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

Why don't you talk to your 12yr old? My 10 yr also had my surname but about 4 yrs ago he started to use his dad's surname at school so we are getting it changed legally by deed poll to his dad's last name. His dad and I talked about it with him (thankfully we get on) and this is what he wants. My h2b has a daughter from a previous relationsip whose has her mum's last name, so the four of us will have different surnames. I will probably take h2b last name but still use my maiden name for work. All very complicated!!! but tne main thing is that everyone is happy and their wishes respected.
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: