Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

October 07 brides? How you getting on?

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pammy06
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: October 07 brides? How you getting on?

Hi all, getting married on Sat. 13th of October 2007. So far I have church, venue, photographer, band and car booked. Is there anything else I should book at this stage?
Grapes
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

HIya

I'm getting wed on 6th October next year. I've booked venue, church, band, church music and photographer. I have looked at 3 outlets for wedding dresses. After Christmas i'll motor on with the rest of the plans.
Esther
New Wolly

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Im October 13th too!!! Well, I've booked the church, reception, photographer, videographer, band and last week I put a deposit down on my wedding dress.... Very excited!! Cant wait to try it on again.. Im waiting for the sample veil that matches my dress to come into the shop so i can try it on again... Dont really know what to do next.. Gathering my bridemaids together in january so they can try on some dresses and see what suits them.. Must get H2B to organise transport.

:wv
October06Bride
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject:

My sister is getting married on October 12th next year. She was my chief bridesmaid (3 weeks ago) and will look gorgeous. I'll have to get her signed up here!
She has lots to do but I think she will have learnt a few tips from mine- including what not to do!
braybride0907
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

My God girls, you are all so organised! I have just booked the venue and church and nothing else! Am I really late getting organised?
To be honest, I'm waiting on my SSIA to come through in March, this is paying for the wedding, and don't have a whole lot of disposable cash to pay deposits etc. before then!
Dill
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Hey ladies

There was another Oct 07 post there recently if you's fancy doing a search! I'm 6th Oct so Grapes your my twin, we've another one as well, think its misfitz. Where are you having your wedding?

I've booked reception, church, church music, DJ, nearly band (Thats been a messy one!) hair and makeup. Have an apt to see dresses at the end of the month but thats only cos i'm too excited, hadnt planned on looking until after xmas but i have no patience!

Braybride i wouldnt worry too much, you'll still have plenty of tme to organise in March but things do get booked up quickly. I'd suggest you try to book a band soon though as a lot of ones i've looked at are booked and have been for a while. Photographers can also book up so if there's one in particular you want its prob worth checking availability. Its hard to get money for deposits but at the same time we're lookng at it as paying things off so its one less expense we'll have closer to the time.

Esther did it take you long to find your dress? I'm having visions of traipsing around for ages!

misfitz
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Hey yep Dill is right im another 6th Oct 07. I have my band, reception, church, makeup, and I might put my deposit for dress on saturday bringing my mum to see the dress I love! I couldn't wait any longer to look at dresses so just went shopping one sat and it was the 4th dress I tried on! BM dresses will prob wait till Jan.

Esther
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

HI Dill.. It took me a couple of weeks to find my dress.. I went to Lots of different shops. Travelled as far as Athboy to McIlhinneys (2 1/2 hours from my home place in Wicklow) and wasn''t keen on anything I tried on. I wanted something different. Didnt think the sleeveless, bodice style dresses suited me but thats all they had. Ended up in B Couture in Arklow (just 20 minutes down the road) and tried on some amazing dresses. I loved them all until I tried on "the one" and I absolutely fell in love with it!! The ladies in the shop are lovely and very helpful. She stocks Pronovias and La Sposa. She does bridesmaids, mother of the bride and suit hire for the lads.. So im gonna get the whole Shabang kitted out there. Its so handy!

Has anyone booked a mobile hair stylist and make up artist??? I want to have my hair and makeup done at home on the morning of the wedding.. Came across Professional Make UP Arists based in Arklow. Has anyone got any feed back on them???
       Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: