Discussion

WeddingsOnline.ie Discussion Forums - Feedback

Welcome to the WeddingsOnline.ie discussion board. We do operate some Forum Rules, please click here to read through them. Also please refer to our FAQ if you have queries on how to use the boards.

Hotel have doubled cost of rooms - what do I do?

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunnie
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Hotel have doubled cost of rooms - what do I do?

Girls help

I am so angry. My wedding is June 2nd in Athlone (wont mention name in case). I stayed there for a edding in May and got a reduced rate wedding room for �100.
On the brochure it said we could have 20 rooms at the reduced aret and then as part of the new special package we could have extra reduced rate rooms.

I rang this morning - the price of the room has gone up to �180 for the wedding rate room while the normal rate is �210!!!!
Also when I asked for my extra allocation they said that I couldn't have it because it was a bank hol Saturday!!

I am so angry - what do I do?
Snove
Major Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Not sure what you can do about the price. It's a huge jump alright. With regards to the extra allocation of rooms did it say in the small print that it excluded bank hols? If not I don't think they've any right not to give them to you.
Ring the manager and see if he or she can do anything for you.

lucky bride
Mini Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Hunnie,

I would definitely question that so I would. Did you by any chance get a contract from the Hotel, we did and it had our fixed room rates on it so check yours, but if you have the details that were given to you at the time of booking I would most definitely not back down.

They shouldn't be allowed to do that. The first thing I would do is carefully scan through your contract and the get back onto them and tell them that this treatment is unacceptable considering how much money you will be spending. Why do some hotels try to rip you off at the last minute.

buster
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

My hotel tried this on me. They quoted me 180 euros for the room saying that this was the wedding special, but when I looked on the internet it was the same price?? No special at all. So I rang them and they said that the rooms are normally 210 euors, hmmm.. Anyway, I still wasn't happy about his, oh my wedding was the Oct bank hol weekend. My husbands cousin from Manchester asked me to book him a room for him and his wife, so I went onto the web and was able to book the room for 130 euros, I immediately contacted the hotel and told them that I was able to book a room for 130 euros for that night and that if they didn't reduce the room rate I would ensure that everyone book the rooms through the web. The girl I was dealing with went to the Manager and he came back and said that all rooms would be 130 euros. If you let them get away with it they will, stand your ground. If you agreed this price when you paid your deposit then tell them that your not happy. Let us know how you get on.
Jan 07 bride
New Wolly

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Hi Hunnie,
Just PM'd you.

Weddings Online Forums Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: